Want to own a 1:1 scale train set???

Trucula

Drum Driver
I saw in my local paper which is coming out today that The East Broad Top Railroad is up for sale at a cool 60 million!!:eek:..... (counting my pennies!!):p

www.ebtrr.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yF4Qe-Gbcg

Also their Fall Spectacular is this month on 11th and 12th... Great living history on its original tracks! (and 4 miles from my house) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
With 60 million I could model the whole USA in HO with that kind of money.

That's really cool though

Maybe Warren Buffet wants a train set. :) Seriously, I'm sure the EBT has been hit by the squeeze in the economy and gas prices. This is not the best of times to sell anything and I suspect the price contains a lot of blue sky and not much in the way of decent assets. I hope they can keep it in operation but I'm not hold my breath. :(

Hi all: I stopped at the EBT earlier in the summer, and the lady in the ticket office told me that the two brothers who own it are elderly and in poor health. Also, none of their children are interested in running it. I hope someone buys it and continues to run it.

The EBT has been for sale for years now, and each season has been threatened to be the last. Unfortunately, one of these years that will be the truth unless somebody steps up with the money.

It's a lot of money, but for a big real estate deal $60 million isn't unheard of. Maybe something can be worked out. I'd sure love to see that place get revitalized.

Back