Walthers log cars

NateJ

Redneck railfan
I was browsing the web today and came across these two photos on www.ho-scaletrains.net
ho-walthers-45-logging-flat-car-cwwr_1_7e85a4ff83775bda1cbec6120896ff02.jpg 3137240350_2edf7201bb_o.gif
Chehalis Western Milwaukee Road

According to the site, these are Walthers HO scale logging flatcars from the late 1990s.
Every site I've looked on doesn't have them in stock, which is frustrating since Milwaukee Road log cars and Chehalis Western equipment in HO scale is so scarce, and I could use a couple of each for my layout.
If anyone knows where these could be obtained for a reasonable price, I would be highly interested in buying them.

They are a very nice set of cars Nate. I picked up a three pack somewhere around 10 years ago and like them a lot. Loaded with logs, they are quite a bit over the recommended NMRA weight, but I could care less because they look good. Can't find any photos of them, but mine are decorated for the Milwaukee Road. I also picked up a few packages of logs which I have scattered around the loading deck and on log trucks.

Very nice logging cars! I settled for a bunch of bulkhead log or pulp haulers. Mixed road names.

Hope you have luck in finding these beauties.

Greg

My guess is that they were offered at one time and for what ever reason, the manufacturer ceased production. Ceasing production is a "Way of Life" in the model railroading hobby!

When I was growing up there were four kids in the house. If there was something in the refrigerator you wanted to eat, you'd better do it right away because it wouldn't be there later! :D

I believe that these are the log cars in question.

IMAG1088.jpg

Let me think about this for a while. I may be willing to part with them, or not.

I picked up a 3 pack of these, made by Walthers in HO, over 10 years ago. They came out about the same time as the Walthers Paper Mill series of kits. I also picked up a number of different pulpwood car designs, both from Athearn and Atlas. Chooch made load inserts for the Athearn pulp wood cars, which may still be available. You may also be able to find some at train meets and such, for a few bucks.

Back