Walthers Great Circus Train Accessories

Walthers Lists

That's great, Joe. I have recorded these 'new' numbers. However it beggars the question: If these numbers, 1392, 1393 and 1394 exist, then what of 1390 and 1391? I wonder of what models they could be?
Ashley

Last edited by a moderator:
As another addition, at the same time Walthers was selling the wagons that have already been listed, there were some Preiser offerings with special Great Circus Train packaging:

22100 Hagenbeck-Wallace Baggage Wagon

22101 Golmar Mirror ( Band ) Wagon ( You could get a seated Bavarian Band to ride it. )

22102 Hagenbeck Wallace white 2 Arch Cage Wagon

22103 Hagenbeck-Wallace red 3 Arch Cage Wagon

22153 Each represented the same wagon with horses included.

Maybe someone can help, I don't remember which cage wagon had lions and which had tigers, mine are packed :(

This is getting frustrating for me so had to vent a little. I have been looking for one car I need to complete my set of Walthers great circus cars. The Hagenbeck Wallace stock car #3 in the series if I recall correctly. Its not a colorful looking car, so I wouldnt think it would be as desireable as the Elephant car would be. Yet, there hasnt been a single one on Ebay in several months. Currently I can find auctions for every car accept the stock car right now.:mad:

I feel a little better now, thanks.

Actually. I did see that, that week it was running. With the overseas transaction, that scared me into bidding. Ive never bid on anything international before. Plus there wasnt a cost for shipping given and I figured it probably wasnt going to be cheap to ship because of overseas.

I actually didnt know it came with a flatcar until I saw that very auction last month. Guess ill have to wait for the next one to show up. Been waiting 10 years, whats a little extra time.;)

There is a guy that has the complete set of cars for sale on Ebay for $200, you could buy that and then sell the others back on Ebay...

Wardie Jay Kits

Some Kits do not have catalogue numbers. This is a list of HO kits I have managed to compile:
CW-HO-02 Water Wagon Kit
CW-HO-03 Cage Wagon Kit
CW-HO-04 Calliope Wagon Kit
CW-HO-08 Giraffe Wagon Kit
CW-HO-13 Canvas Wagon Kit
CW-HO- Generator Wagon Kit

These are the O Scale Kits:
CW- Mother Goose Tableau Wagon
CW- Menagerie Pole and Canvas WagonX2
CW- Calliope Wagon
CW- Stake Driver Wagon
CW- Stake & Chain Wagon
CW-7 Generator Wagon
CW-8 Cage Wagon
CW-8 Cookhouse Wagon
CW-9 Ticket Wagon
CW-10 Giraffe Wagon
CW-11 Dog Wagon
CW- Baggage Wagon
CW-13 Lion Cage Wagon
CW- Sideshow Canvas Wagon
CW- Tank Wagon
CW- Plank Wagon
CW- Big Top Centre Pole Wagon
CW-18 Sideshow Banner Line
CW-19 Liberty Band Wagon
CW-20 Spectacle Wagon
CW-21 Cross Cage Wagon
CW- Red Riding Hood Wagon
CW-24 Hippopotamus Cage Wagon

If there are any more out there I would appreciate any more information.
Happy Christmas everyone.
Ash

There is a guy that has the complete set of cars for sale on Ebay for $200, you could buy that and then sell the others back on Ebay...

I was looking at that and thought about it, its a pretty good deal. But it would hurt to spend that kind of money right before Christmas right now. I have a lot more then that invested in my set so far. Like 30 bucks apiece is what they were selling for when they first came out. I bought them all from a hobby shop back then. But never did find #3. They had every one accept that one IIRC.

Thanks for the lead Joe. Going to check in with them after the holiday. However, the car shown doesnt have decals. Others I have seen do have the decals installed. Is it possible this car is missing the Hagenbeck wallace decals? I figured they were factory installed. Seems that car is bare and only painted.

Edit. I decided to do some detective work and go back to that Nov 22nd Ebay auction and see if the picture showed any difference. It looks like its possible those decals are actually part of a panel you install onto the side of the car and thats why it looks wierd in Westerndepots pic. Afterall, the auction shows the car is already assembled.

Joe, Merry christmas to you too, as well as everyone on MRforums, thanks for another lead.

Next question is. Anyone ever bought anything from Western Depot before?

Yeah, the overseas one was already built out. All of mine came without the decals on them.

I talked with them on the phone after I found the page, they seem like a class act, but I've never purchased there...

The American Circus stock car on Ebay right now is the same car, it just doesn't have the flat car with it.

Well, I ordered it. Hopefully it works out and it arrives here in good condition. They also had a limited Accurail CNW ACF hopper set that came out earlier this year that I have been looking for so I grabbed that and a few other misc hopper cars that were relatively cheap. Plus there was an Athearn Genesis Automax listed that was on sale so I grabbed one of them too.

I will say I kind of wish they were a touch more helpful on the phone. It sounds like the traditional train shop which is cool but I wanted the guy that I spoke to, to verify the item was indeed in stock and that the box and contents inside were in good condition. Sounded like he may have been by himself today and said he couldnt do it until he had more guys here tomorrow. He did say they dont sell any merchandise that was junk or damaged. He also said, if its listed on our website, then we have it in stock. Our website will automatically remove the item from purchase from our website if he sold out or do not have it. He also said they ended up buying a big collection of these circus cars and thats how they ended up with them, which sounded like he said they had more then one of those Stock cars. I cant really say I have any real complaints though.

If the cars arrives with a box in good condition and the contents are all there and in good condition. Ill be very happy that I finally completed this set of circus cars.

Well, well, well, look just what popped up on Ebay tonight. Just my luck when I already have one on the way, someone puts one up for auction. Hopefully the one from Western Depot will be nice. I have no reason to believe it wouldnt be. Should find that out in a few days.

But still......:(

http://cgi.ebay.com/Walthers-Great-...wItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item35a601c9b8

Although I suppose its nice not to have to deal with others wanting the same item and raising the price up. Its already at the highest price I was willing to pay when the shipping is included in the total.

Now that's ironic, isn't it? ;)

I'm working to try to get a list together of all of the figures that Preiser made as actual Great Circus Train Accesories.

I think I'll have to order a couple of old Walthers catalogues, unless someone knows all of those numbers...

I haven't seen the Tim McCoy set mentioned yet. I'll have to get mine out and get some pictures posted.

If I recall correctly, after Walthers did the Great Circus Train, on a monthly subscription basis in late 1989 and through 1990, they also did the American Circus Series. I don't remember in what order they were produced, but they included;

a four box set for The Cole Brothers Circus

a four box set for The James Strates Circus

a four box set for The Royal American Circus

and a four box set for The Tim McCoy Wild West Show.

Somebody help correct me if I have it wrong...

Back