Walthers Champion Packing Plant

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

flyboy2610

Loveably weird
Thanks, Ken! I thought about trying to hide it with paint, but I was afraid I'd just make it worse. If I didn't have any other decals I would have done that. As it is I used some adhesive tape, burnished it onto the decal, and it lifted right off. The only paint under the decal is the light gray wash used to represent the mortar joints. I got the new one on. I used the MicroSet underneath of it, and MicroSol on top. It's drying right now. I'll give it 24 hours to dry and then seal down the edges.

IronBeltKen

Lazy Daydreamer
... As it is I used some adhesive tape, burnished it onto the decal, and it lifted right off. ...
Excellent, I never would've thought about that approach - glad it worked out! I guess if the decals were sitting directly on the plastic (the raised brick surfaces) then the bond wouldn't be quite as permanent as it would have been on a fully painted surface.

flyboy2610

Loveably weird
Looking good, Flyboy2610! Are those two HO track diving boards to the right of the building?
I'm guessing you are referring to the wooden structures in the middle of the track? Those are Woodland Scenics HO grade crossings. There are pieces for the center of the track, and for each side outside the rails. There are two per pack, and they come with plastic shims to permit the crossings to be used with different codes of track. I will need to get some more to complete all the grade crossings.
They aren't glued in yet, they're just sitting there for purposes of positioning the structures.
Thanks for the compliment!

flyboy2610

Loveably weird
The decals are on,
the beef is hung,
there's nothing else,
I guess it's done.

Sort of says it all, huh? :p
As my pathetic attempt at poetry implies, I'm calling this one done for now. I got the decals on the three sides of the building that will show. The beef sides are painted and hung. The utility plant roof hatch is painted and installed. I can't think of anything else that has to be done at this time. Maybe at some point I'll weather it a bit, but for now I'm closing this one out.
Thanks for all your encouragement, suggestions, and kind words. Y'all is a right good bunch! :)

The finished plant.

A close up view of the front.

The utility plant roof and hatch.

NP2626

Nice job, Flyboy2610! I see that Walthers no longer supplies a Butcher; or, two for pushing the Beef halves around on the overhead rail system! That is too bad!

flyboy2610

Loveably weird
Nice job, Flyboy2610! I see that Walthers no longer supplies a Butcher; or, two for pushing the Beef halves around on the overhead rail system! That is too bad!
Thanks, Mark! I haven't gotten around to looking for figures yet. If you find any that would work for this kit, I'd appreciate you letting me know!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com