UV Light Cured Adhesives

beiland

I saw this question posed on another forum, and thought it was appropriate here.

Have any of you used the relatively new UV light-cured adhesive? As seen on TV is one variety. If so, what were your experiences with it, and what applications worked well or poorly.

My dentist has also used it on my teeth with good results, although he now uses something more "advanced", which actually means more costly. I also had that work done in 2012.

Willie

I saw this question posed on another forum, and thought it was appropriate here.
I actually thought we had a thread on this topic here about a year ago or so.

If so, what were your experiences with it, and what applications worked well or poorly.
I bought a tube about 2 years ago but have yet to use it, so the jury is still out.

From another forum....
Don't waste your money! Typical Chinese made $19.95 type garbage. My wife bought me this stuff as a gift and it was useless on anything I tried to use it on, even some of the things they show it doing on TV. Probably made in the same plant as exploding batteries. ;-)

I finally received a tube of this stuff for Christmas. So far I am pleased with the results. Seems to work as well as CA glue and it doesn't stick my fingers together. My teeth (crowns) that I referenced in post #3 are still working better than the ones that they replaced.

Have any of you used the relatively new UV light-cured adhesive? As seen on TV is one variety. If so, what were your experiences with it, and what applications worked well or poorly.
Not quite an adhesive but I bought a scratch repairer on EBAY recently here in Australia . One of those "as seen on tv" items actually . Cost me $7 for a two pack . I was skeptical . It works quite well but I realised it was UV cured before I tried it . Needs 1-48 hours of UV sun to activate it .

Back