US firemen

Raincoat2

I need several firemen to populate my firehouse, but the ones I see on MBKlein and other places worry me - they look too European. I need American firefighters, preferably in 1950's uniforms or workAnyone have any recommendations?

Looks like Woodland Scenics has a good looking set

A1961_f_1.jpg

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/A1961/page/1

Yeah! There's a lot of European sets by Merten and Preiser that could be used if you repaint them. The problem that I see with all of the US sets like Woodland Scenics and Model Power, is that they are all firemen in action, not hanging around the firehouse.
I just used a regular guy with blue pants and a white tee shirt to represent one in the following picture. He's answering questions from a passing citizen with his child.
07-17-13 007.JPG

Willie

Last edited:
Willie has a good point. When I was a trooper, the fire department was located in the same building and most all of the time, they were wearing jeans or other comfortable clothes even while they were working on their equipment or trucks.

One funny thing happened one day when I used the fire pole to come down stairs. My office was right next to it and the elevator and stairs wer on the other side of the building so the pole was more convenient. AT the bottom, there was a glass wall and when I slid down a kid saw a policemen sliding down the pole instead of a firemen. He was really upset at first until I told him that the firemen were good guys and let me use the fire pole.

Thanks, guys. The idea about just jeans and a teeshirt is a good solution. Great story, Chet.

One funny thing happened one day when I used the fire pole to come down stairs. My office was right next to it and the elevator and stairs wer on the other side of the building so the pole was more convenient. AT the bottom, there was a glass wall and when I slid down a kid saw a policemen sliding down the pole instead of a firemen. He was really upset at first until I told him that the firemen were good guys and let me use the fire pole.

Back