UP GP60 help

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
I'm modeling a UP GP60 #1966 for my wife (her birth year). In the small picture attached, circled in red. I assume it's an antenna stand of some type, has anyone seen this before in a detail part, or is it something I'll have to fabricate? Thanks.

17.jpg

I haven’t seen one available, though a piece of styrene and a pair of PTC antennas along with a couple of round bits out of your parts box should make it an easy build. You could probably get by with a pair of Sinclair radio antennas, if you can’t find the others anywhere.

Terry, I believe you are correct, I will have to fabricate this one. Figure 2 Sinclair antenna and a few can type filed down should do it.

Getting a decent picture to follow might be the hard part. Rare to find a shot looking down from an overpass and then it'll be of the wrong end. The base appears to be an upturned metal tray, that the electronics box and aerials sit on. The base has maybe 3 rectangular notchouts along the front and back and the ends, 1 at each corner

The best I can find online. It's something added in the last 5 years or so. All of the older pictures don't show it at all.

sfhowimage.php.jpg
showimeage.php.jpg

There were certainly enough pages on rrpict-arch-.net to wade through. If you've got the time. That pic you showed with this unit on the roof is the last one on their page of #1966 dated 3/12/2019, so early this year and has the normal UP number on the cab. Only a few months earlier (the pic is 4 up from the bottom) it is still showing the hastily applied patched number of 12/16/2018. Must have decided to keep it then.
1570422953835.png

There were certainly enough pages on rrpict-arch-.net to wade through. If you've got the time. That pic you showed with this unit on the roof is the last one on their page of #1966 dated 3/12/2019, so early this year and has the normal UP number on the cab. Only a few months earlier (the pic is 4 up from the bottom) it is still showing the hastily applied patched number of 12/16/2018. Must have decided to keep it then.
View attachment 40249
Ray, we saw those. She decided she wanted to go with the original UP numbers, not the patch.

Last edited:
Ray, we saw those. She decided you wanted to go with the original UP numbers, not the patch/
The cab numbers have had a rough time by the look of it, peeling off on the engineers side and getting the black patch around about 12/10/2016 and nearly 3 years to get fixed up. Least there's some good weathering shots to replicate.

Yes I am sure it cost a lot to set up one of those. So I'm willing to pay the price for their work. ;)

Back