Unpainted HoO scale vehicles

Norman

I bought some HO vehicles in the past that were not painted, but shown painted in color in the Walthers model RR catalog. I can't remember which brands were unpainted. A-Line, Brekina, Busch, Mini Metal Classic, Con Cor, Faller, GHQ, Herpa, JL Innovative, Jordan, Kibri, Lonestar, Noch, River Point, trident,
trucks n stuff, Wiking??? I don't want to order vehicles and then find then un finished. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Norman- I cannot advise you on all the brands you have listed.
GHQ and Jordan are cast metal kits, so they are not painted.
BUSCH, METAL CLASSICS, CON COR and HERPA are mostly painted and assembled.
Some of the others are colored plastic, often without contrasting details.
Most kit vehicles are not painted or are of colored plastic that you will likely want to paint.
I hope this helps you somewhat!

Brekina, Busch, Wiking, Neo, Oxford, Herpa, Classic Metalworks (Mini Metals), Trident, River Point Station, Con Cor, Model Power, Fresh Cherries, Road Ragers, Bub, Scenemaster, Ricko, Noch, Athearn, Atlas, and Woodland Scenics are all Assembled plastic, metal or resin models that are either already painted or molded in appropriate colors, requiring no assembly or painting. Level of detail varies from one manufacturer to the next.

Jordan is plastic kits, usually molded in appropriate colors, but assembly and some painting will be required.

Sylvan is cast resin unpainted kits.

Alloy Forms, A-Line, Custom Finishing Models, GHQ, JL Inovative Design, Micron Art, Lonestar, are all unpainted metal kits.

I don't know about Faller or Trucks N Stuff.

If you're looking for HO 1/87 scale vehicles, you might want to check out Truckstop Models. They specialize in 1/87 scale vehicles, from many of the manufacturers mentioned, and are having a "Going out of Business" sale. Sorry to see them go.
https://truckstopmodels.com/oscom/

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some HO vehicles in the past that were not painted, but shown painted in color in the Walthers model RR catalog. I can't remember which brands were unpainted. A-Line, Brekina, Busch, Mini Metal Classic, Con Cor, Faller, GHQ, Herpa, JL Innovative, Jordan, Kibri, Lonestar, Noch, River Point, trident,
trucks n stuff, Wiking??? I don't want to order vehicles and then find then un finished. Thanks
Sir, just became a member of this forum. I have a ton of HO trucks undec and preprinted and imprinted. I have Herpa and Boley along with semi trailer kits. Let me know what you are looking for. Brad. Promotionaltrucks@gmail.com or you can text me at 631-697-0927 all are new in boxes or bags.

Back