Turnouts Atlas #6 Manual 2706, 2707 N Scale for DCC

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

idiot

I am planning to build a small N scale layout using Atlas manual turnouts # 2706 and 2707. I will be using a NCE DCC starter system.
1. Do I have to do anything to the frogs? Are they live?
2. Do I insulate one or both end rails of the turnouts and then
3. Do I have to add wires anywhere to the turnouts?
I wanted to know this before laying track. Thank you.

I've got the 2707 in front of me. The frogs are insulated. I'd have to check about whether or not they insulate both sides, but I do know that on my other turnouts, the train travels over them just fine without further wiring. I haven't specifically checked to see what's going on with the other rail.

It doesn't look like you have to add adittional wires, But, if you're doing a more complicated layout, this would be a good time to wire an LED and resistor to help keep track of which way the switches are going. I'd double check it, but it's like 1 LED and a 1000ohm resister. Not terribly hard to do, if you can manage the soldering to the track part.

Iron Horseman

I am planning to build a small N scale layout using Atlas manual turnouts # 2706 and 2707. I will be using a NCE DCC starter system.
1. Do I have to do anything to the frogs? Are they live?
2. Do I insulate one or both end rails of the turnouts and then
3. Do I have to add wires anywhere to the turnouts?
I wanted to know this before laying track. Thank you.
1. No, Atlas does not make any hot frog turnouts (well not since 1960). No, they are a chunk of plastic.
2. Neither, these are Atlas. Atlas makes things as simple a possible for the common person. Don't make things harder than they have to be.
3. No. Once again don't make things harder than they have to be.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com