Train CAD programs?

doug1980

N Scale
Looking through all the threads on here made me want some type of program to design my next layout. I have AutoCAD 2007 and am fairly proficent using it. I was wondering where I could find a similar program for track planning/design? Hopefully something relatively inexpensive. I also have tons of questions about some of the terminology and track tolerances ie. curve radius and double track distances.

I tried to download that program and I had no luck. Tried several times and nothing. Any other suggestions?

Send me your email and I'll send it to you. Do you want the last official version or the latest Sourceforge version? Latest is a 1.9mb .exe file, original is a 1.4mb .exe file

You have auto cad huh? Think I can convince you to create a cad drawing of a structure for me in HO scale?

You have auto cad huh? Think I can convince you to create a cad drawing of a structure for me in HO scale?

Shouldn't be a problem, just need all the specs. To send it to you I'll have to copy and paste it in paint so it wouldn't be to scale. At least not to scale where you could print it out and use it as a template. But to see what it would look like and stuff wouldn't be a problem.

I have been wondering this myself. I work on a software called UGNX5 (Unigraphics), which is a higher end 3D solid Modeling software. Anyhoo, I was thinking of making items that I cannot find online or they simply don't make. Now, I have access to a rapid prototype machine where I could make the small items (big too I guess), but I don't really know what scale they would be. I read on Wikipedia that 3mm = 1 foot in HO scale. Guess I can figure it out from there.

Back