tooters scooters...

tooter

play every day
I'll be posting all of "tooter's scooters" here... :)

This is the original tooter caboose...
IMG_3613.jpg

It's was 57 year old all metal kit, and my first modelling project.

A tooter train... I didn't build the wooden cars.
IMG_4055.png

Just painted the little 6 wheeled flat car...
IMG_4195.png

Added a tank for a removable load...
IMG_4191.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a Roundhouse powered track cleaning chassis with an old time logging locomotive shell on it...

IMG_4197.jpg

Very nice. What scale? My dad is building similar cars in On30.

They're just standard HO...

...but I like the narrow gauge look so they're all small.

On30 is really cool because with the larger size you can do better details.

The tooter crane...
IMG_4205.jpg

Gently sandblasting the plastic cab, flatbed, and trucks breaks the shiny surface glaze and makes them look just like metal with no need to paint. :)

Made a shorty maintenance caboose...

IMG_4214.jpg

Haven't yet figured out how to fill the vertical seam in the shortened cab.

A tooter gondola... :)

IMG_4252.jpg

...to go with the rest of the tooter train.

IMG_4258.png

It'll get a paint job tomorrow.

Cleaned up the seam and gave the gondola a coat of paint...

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

...and a nice load of ore. :)

IMG_4267.jpg

Very inventive models, Tooter. I remember those old Tyco troleys with the little people's heads in the windows. It looks much better painted. :)

Those are really neat. How about a section of the layout w/really short buildings w/leaning structures & oversized smoke stacks. Something like the old logging camps of the 20's. You're doing a GREAT job w/making all those little cars. Didn't see the pooper before. LOL

Very inventive models, Tooter. I remember those old Tyco troleys with the little people's heads in the windows. It looks much better painted. :)

Thanks UP...:)
I've only been modelling for a few months and am thoroughly enjoying the experience. Just got an all metal sprung single pantograph for the little Tyco Tooter Trolley, but haven't installed it yet.

The layout I'm planning has 10 inch radius curves and #2 wye turnouts, so all the engines and rolling stock are gonna be really short... ;)

Those are really neat. How about a section of the layout w/really short buildings w/leaning structures & oversized smoke stacks. Something like the old logging camps of the 20's. You're doing a GREAT job w/making all those little cars. Didn't see the pooper before. LOL

Hey Larry, :)

Yes... the layout will definitely have a narrow gauge logging/mining look. :)

Greg

Yeah... the brown and orange factory colors were pretty ugly. I'm working on a really old die cast trolley shell. Putting some powered wheels in it.

Thanks UP...:)
I've only been modelling for a few months and am thoroughly enjoying the experience. Just got an all metal sprung single pantograph for the little Tyco Tooter Trolley, but haven't installed it yet.

The layout I'm planning has 10 inch radius curves and #2 wye turnouts, so all the engines and rolling stock are gonna be really short... ;)

Impressive, thats almost N Scale radius!

Yes... it is into N gauge curve territory. ;)

I found a way to bend Atlas code 83 flex track smoothly and evenly with just a piece of scrap wood and three common drywall screws...

IMG_4163.jpg

You slide out the loose rail and thread it through the screws in the board as shown with the little scrap of track, then you simply push the rail through and it slides out the other side extruded into a perfect curve. Finish off the very end by hand, slip it back into the sleepers... and bingo!... the flex track stays relaxed in a perfect arc... :)

IMG_4168.jpg

You can bend any radius you want just by rearranging the screws. It's going to be way easier to install the track when it's already prebent because there's no tension on it.

It'll be like laying down Snap Track! :)

Greg

Added another tooter scooter to the rolling stock...

IMG_4273.jpg

It's quite old with metal wheels railings and ladders, and came with strange coupler draft boxes that wouldn't fit Kadees. so I took them off and put Kadee boxes on.

Greg

Back