Tixeno Short Line

If you look at the pic I posted, there is a temporary 1x4 wood "bridge" on the right hand side of the layout so that I can keep a fairly even grade across an existing low spot...the septic tank is on the left hand side in the foreground...so the bridge will be both functional and ornamental if we do it right.

Spent the winter watching the rain and snow encourage native grasses to grow up and through my track...discovered how hard it is to take up well overgrown track. :)

I haven't mentioned this before but I have a prosthetic leg which doesn't bend at all so it makes it difficult to work at ground level..when I was laying the track on the backside of the pond I was having trouble getting some track to slip together so I slid down the hill a bit to get my eyes closer to the track..when I went to get back up I discovered too late that my jeans had slid down too :) so I ripped them rather well...mild expletives deleted...I figured I might as well stay down and finish the track...so I crawled around some more and did just that...then I went to get up only to discover that my leg had come off!..so I pulled myself up on the low wall around the pond..tried to get my leg back on only to discover that I was sitting too low to get sufficient leverage to jam it all back...stronger expletives deleted...before I got the leg I had well calloused knees from crawling..but now I had to crawl across 30 feet of very sharp decomposed granite on very tender knees to get to a lawn chair of sufficient height...finally got back up on two feet to discover that my jeans were a total loss ripped from fly to ankle. :eek:

If one more person tells me that they wish they had been there with a camcorder...LOL

So the upshot of all that is that my railroad is on hiatus till I can purchase and haul in railroad ties and fill dirt to raise my railroad up high enough to be do-able.

Well, based on the previously mentioned concerns about access to the tank, does the name "Ripp & Torne RR" feel right? :)

Back