They wait... my plan! HO

rustam

I am going to begin my plan HO!
There are some models from my childhood and is which has bought recently.
At us in Moscow long prepare ;-)
My son waits also I too)))

Welcome to the forum Rustam. Thank you for the photos. Enjoy building your railroad with your son. Do the Russian railroads still use 5 foot ( 1.5 meter ) gauge track?

Welcome to the forum Rustam. Thank you for the photos. Enjoy building your railroad with your son. Do the Russian railroads still use 5 foot ( 1.5 meter ) gauge track?

Mike! Hello :)

The width of a track in 1524 mm began to be used for the first time in Russia during construction of the Nikolaev railway (the XIX-th century middle). There is an opinion that it has been connected by work on a construction of roads, advisers from the USA, and first of all J. V.Uistlera (at that time this track was popular in southern states of the USA).

Probably also, what to use this width of a track the Russian engineers P.P.Melnikov and N. O.Kraft who have visited America before the beginning of building of the Nikolaev railway have offered. Besides, this width of a track was convenient that was expressed by round number — 5 foots.

:) You understand... It from you remains )))

Thank you. If I understand correctly you say the 5 foot is still the usual track gauge today for most of Russia. :)

Why wait?
There is no reason why you cant set up a small section so your son can run the trains. I've done it and it makes the project more enjoyable. you get to run the trains which reminds you of the goal and gives you a little boost.

Why wait?
There is no reason why you cant set up a small section so your son can run the trains. I've done it and it makes the project more enjoyable. you get to run the trains which reminds you of the goal and gives you a little boost.

That's good! :)

But I am now occupied also by that that I want to think over full logistics of a breadboard model.
In apartment there is not enough place also it is necessary to make all compactly but not in a heap)))

I see at you there is a garage! )))

Back