The largest model railroad in Russia

This a neat video..Thanks for posting. Up until this video, I thought all trains in Russia ran in the snow.....I am thinking of the winter scene on the train in the movie "Dr. Zhivago" where they travel to their home in the countryside from Moscow. There was also the scene in "Fiddler On The Roof" at the rural train station where Tevye says goodbye to one of his daughters. I cannot think of any other movies with trains in them from Russia.

You sure are going back in time with Dr Zhivago. Saw that movie when it first came out in a theater in Helsinki, Finland. That is a very impressive display. I'm sure he sank a lot of bucks into it.

Impressive, Indeed! I wonder if there was anything like MR clubs and other MR organizations, or manufacturers during the Soviet era. I had to watch the video with the sound off, so as not to disturb the sleeping Grandson. The owner may have explained it.

I guess that I'll just have to watch it when I'm alone.

Oh yeah! That's cool!!! I was there. It is located in St. Pitersburg.
This is a very large model railway. A lot of interesting ideas. There are scenes that are here and are embodied in the layout.
Constantly working team of professionals. As for this rail.
If I find in its archives images, place them here.

I only have a single remark to the model. There's a lot of equipment (different) which is not in Russia. But it's not a bad layout creators.
Such models simply do not have a scale of 1/87 ... none of the manufacturers do not.

Built and maintained by all the resources of the State with a massive electronic eye-in-the-sky video spy board? -What else might you expect? There's also another "miniature country" like this, created in Germany I think? {Perhaps the Russians felt the need to compete?}
For me, these kinds of unlimited-funds professional installations do not impress. They seem almost obsessive... Although as a kid I did enjoy the large Lionel display layout(s) in their NYC central offices, nowadays I much prefer seeing what the everyday individual MRR hobbyist does at home with limited resources!
Skip

Back