The greenbrier logging and coal co

Am looking around Bell co. Texas. Have found three 1/2 acre lots but before i could do anything they were sold ...FAST!!!!. Will keep trying. There was one that would have been perfect. Toot most lands here don't have oil rights with them. some don't have water rights. so... don't mean you can't have a well, but if there is a well on the property and it is for cattle you can't use it or disconnect it. you can only fence around the house part. can't fence the whole property itself. Welcome to Texas! Actually i think most western states are like that.

One other thing is i forgot to post another shot of my plan. the newest has one other thing added. Added another logging camp to the plan. So i have two logging camps now. The Morningwood Lumber Co. is pretty much ready to start. Waiting to see if i can find a piece of land to move to first. Shot below, Dan

Attachments

• the Morningwood Lumber Co Layout.jpg
    the Morningwood Lumber Co Layout.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 373
Something with an income?
Right now oil wells are a loosing proposition. Most of my neighbors who have them have shut them off since it is costing more to pump the oil than they can sell it for.

I like the addition of the second logging camp to the plan, now it is beginning to look like something that needs rail service.

Haven't been around much as i am fighting another cold like the one i had last winter. Trying to get over it. Plan stays same So does name and am thinking around the 1890's or so for the era. Maybe will get around to starting it this winter. Uncle sam is messing with me and i am loosing some income for a few months. I tried to tell them if they would give us a cost of living increase, we could maybe take care of business. That went over like a lead balloon.... Later, Dan

I haven't been here for awhile now. I put all the rr stuff on a back burner. I started up a weather station and am on-line at Weather Underground. I lost my hard drive and all the plans and pictures of the new layout plan. When i get a picture back i..just didn't like it anymore. Then i went over to the storage shed to get the christmas stuff out and there is this old foam board. I had a backup of the old layout and just for kicks i opened the file and started working on it a bit. I am using the old name for the redo layout. So i am closing this thread. In the New Year i will start a new thread "The Greenbrier Logging and Lumber Co" again, Dan

I havnt been here much. The layout is in a holding pattern. I bought more foam board and plaster. Then i had a minor surgery done to my lower back. Bad move!! It didnt work as planed! I am having hard time bending or standing. I have also been having more trouble with neck and shoulders too. My hands ache and my fingers hurt. I am not sure what i can do or if i can work on the layout or not. If the drs would quit screwing around and do something right for a change, i wouldnt be having these issues. The va here sucks!!! A lot of folks hate this va with a passion! They were going to do something on my neck too! After they screwed up my lower back, i wouldnt let them try and fix a light bulb! If tbey ever do get some folks that really know what they are doing, i may let them try again. That could be a long time...

I'm still around. Still hurting. See a new doctor the 1st. Hope he knows what he is doing. I haven't been here or anywhere much. My computer died and i have been getting parts to build a new one. I finally have it up and running.
I have started to get the different things for the layout. As i can i will continue that so if they can help i may be able to start it up again. You work all your life and have a major accident and that takes it almost all out of you. I am not sure if even big O scale stuff would work for me. I just hope i can finish the layout i have and enjoy it some. Will try and keep up more. I feel like things are building up against me lately. See you around, Dan

I have been working on the layout some. I added 16 inches to the board. Changed the logging camp and minor changes to the track in the yard. One shot below. I have a few more things to get and i can start this one. The doctor told me that the X-rays show nothing on my left arm or shoulder. Now its up to the nero next. While doing that, I can continue to get the rest of the materials needed to get this started. If my Neck and Left Shoulder would quit hurting i would be doing really well.:(ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 09 18.21.jpg

If I remember right The Beverly Hillbillies shot at a rabbit and missed, had oil splurge from the ground and became rich!!

I have told my wifey that if i don't get my layout back in the house i am going to take us both out. So it comes in right after Christmas!! She Better!!!

Just a quick note to let you know i haven't brought it back home yet as we have to replace our roof and i don't want anymore damage to it. So i am on a holding pattern again, most likely on a stub siding.....

yeah...i know... Yes, i am changing the plan and will be chopping the old layout out to keep what i like and change the parts i don't. Mike Fifer is redoing his layout and looks like i am too. In my case i want to keep what i can and make the changes to blend it in. I have a few things to get done so i can put the new layout in here and will be doing some outside before i bring it in. Debs wanting the use of the table so i am building a framework to place the layout on. It will raise it around 16" higher. The new plan will take off a few inches off the board height. On the branch line the tunnel is gone. The only tunnel is for the main line. The bridges will still be there but only one bridge for the waterfall and no switchback. I will be adding more trees but it will be awhile. I want to get the board and plaster in rough,before i bring it inside. I may have to bounce it back and forth between the inside and outside of the house. Now if the winds will calm down...yeah that.... Shot below, Smoke

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_23 Mar. 11 18.22.jpg
    ScreenHunter_23 Mar. 11 18.22.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 400
  • snapshot.jpg
    snapshot.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 344
I went to the shed today and see just how much damage there is to the layout. Lots of the trees are bent over but i did some of that when i laid the foam board on it. In the shots i have it off. That upper level that is cracked and bent out of shape, i have no idea what hit it or landed on it. I don't know of anything that would do that but maybe tools. I never laid them up on the board. Tool box is right in front and below the layout. Layout is about 6 feet of the ground! When i changed the layout plan I did it with the idea of removing that board and also taking the logging track out of the tunnel and running it above ground. Only the main line will use the tunnel. I took a few shots but you may not like them. Just warning.

Attachments

• rsz_p_20180420_130558.jpg
    rsz_p_20180420_130558.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 479
  • rsz_p_20180420_130606.jpg
    rsz_p_20180420_130606.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 334
  • rsz_p_20180420_130610.jpg
    rsz_p_20180420_130610.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 352
  • rsz_p_20180420_130645.jpg
    rsz_p_20180420_130645.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 335
  • rsz_p_20180420_130733.jpg
    rsz_p_20180420_130733.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 334
Will be making a change. We are moving out of our rv and moving into a house up north of us in a town called Wichita Falls,Texas. Will be there at end of month. Already thinking up a newer plan for the layout as i will have a way larger room for it. I am thinking about making a new thread for the new layout. Will do it after i get moved in and have the time to start it up. Dan

Already thinking up a newer plan for the layout as i will have a way larger room for it. I am thinking about making a new thread for the new layout.
A larger space is always nice. Well I guess that is true up to a point. Through the years I got so used to doing designs by cramming things into tight spaces, cutting things out, shrinking them etc. When I got this really large space I became lost as to how to deal with it.

yep, For sure but i am only adding 32 more inches to it. Not ready to show yet. Still trying to figure out how to lay the track up to the logging camp.

Back