The fuzzy tree

Aerojet

I have bought trees by the bag full forever. The latest bunch came from China and most were okay, but a few were "bent" due to the trees have no armature in them. So it is back to making trees like the sticky posts or - back to using Woodland Armatures.

i have a big bag of them left over from the original River Pass scenics kit from 08, and decided to use them here.

Awfully stiff units - not much to bend, but found one could bend them enough that a group of them could cover each other and still look okay, and still look like they were pruned to match the buildings and other things. They are interlocked as you work them.

Instead of using Hobby Tac and clump foliage as I had in the past, that stuff is always falling off, this time I thought i would use something else -- TURF.

Into a plastic box with a lid, I measured a heaping teaspoon of fine turf, medium green, an even teaspoon of flock medium green, and a half teaspoon of dark turf and for giggles a teaspoon of green sawdust, the really old grass from ages ago -- I told you I was an old timer! SHAKE well and get the thing mixed really well.

Covered the armatures with Hobby Tac and let it set up for a half hour - then applied the mixture to the forms ...

32036189694_fea5ef3d85_b.jpg

This set was the first ones I did. Not too shabby - looks like a "Fuzzy Tree" ... lolol.... Note the bent trees from China, left, that was the best of them, I may replace them in the future ...

Then made up a bunch more and did the same ...

One note here, those things do not cover like they should so put the bottoms on the trees and work with them to form an interlocking mass which covers each other missing areas....

32064476263_401882f6c1_b.jpg

Better set, this time I made up 8 of the things and will continue the line of trees down to the tunnel #4 exit -- note the saw dust green grass in this area...

Just another model railroad special - "Fuzzy Trees" - no place in life, but in this case, we see it here.

So now you know that EP was saying when he said -- "I'm itching like a man on a fuzzy tree!!"

The Aerojet

Back