THe first boulders on my layout...

PATrainman

These are the first rocks I have ever done...I used a woodland scenics mold, and since I am modeling winter, I wanted to give them a snow covered look...

Justin

do you have bigger pics? they open up the same size in another window. i'de like to see a more detail larger pic.

Here lets try this

2289638958_7fe428cf15.jpg

2289638182_82fa38dea5.jpg

2288847935_85e0a50114.jpg

ok, so it wont let me post the full size pics...if you clickety-click the links, the full size pics are there...just make sure your browser window is full size

Justin

Justin, that's why I use Photobucket. Much easier to use and you can post the full size pic as part of your post. As you've seen, you get a better response when we don't have to click on extra links because we're a lazy bunch. :)

Both the rocks and the snow look very good and realistic. The icicles hanging from the rocks really help them look like part of the scene. What are you using for snow? It looks like the real thing. I like what looks like the dirtier snow by the rocks under the bridge. I'd be interested to see other pictures of your layout. Very few of us model winter but I've always liked the look of winter towns and railroading. I considered doing a winter layout myself but we never get quite that much snow in Alabama so it would be hard to add much local flavor. :D

actually, the platform is still under construction...the snow that you see is actually just plaster...I havent even put the snow down yet. I still as of yet gotten the plaster laid on the second half of the platform.

I will try to get some more pics later...

Justin

Back