The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO HELLO, it's like ground hog day

just had a CT scan, i won't know what's what till next Thursday when i see the Doc.
i have set up an oval of track for the boy's to play with, the table is pretty full now with 3 factories and 7 houses and shop's, all good fun

Where the h*** is everybody?
I'm here. :)

Just recovering from entertaining an almost-three-year-old granddaughter in the car in a parking lot outside the Blood Bank for almost two hours while her mom made a donation! Whew!! I went along (rather than staying home with the munchkin) in case Mom didn't feel sparkly enough to drive home afterwards.

All I can say is that it's a good thing that God fixed it so we old ladies can't have kids past a certain age. :D

All I can say is that it's a good thing that God fixed it so we old ladies can't have kids past a certain age.
Amen to that Sister, Amen!! :D

13.gif
Willis

Well went to the LHS today and ordered a Limited Edition of a CN 5 Axle Fairbanks Morse C-Liner. Should have it in about a month. Mmmmmm It will be a fine addition to the MESS.

Fergie

A Pic would be good Fergie, I've no idea what ya talking bout?

Got my wood today for my bench work, should work out nice in strong.
Ken.

Hell everybody,
Claudia, i see you made it through the ordeal of a caged child,,,two hours in a car sat doing nothing is very hard work. last time we went on holiday there was a nasty car wreck and we sat there for 4-1/2 hours in the pouring rain without moving, just the radio and three under 5's and little in the way of refreshments.
Fergie does Lisa know about the loco, i remember the decoders, was it decoders,,,Mmmm. Hope you got the PC / router / wireless thingy sorted out.
NZ Ken Now you got the wood and saw you can make some progress, even just doing some benchwork gives you the "feel good factor"

Here is a couple of links to satify your curiosity!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_Consolidated_line

http://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/1a/c6/7f_1_b.JPG
(I have two of these, which are the 4 axle versions.)

And no Lisa does not know... yet

Had an interesting day as it took me 3 hours to reset a circuit breaker after the circuit shorted due to a faulty switch. I bang my head and wonder why.

Not much else on the go except I have a MESS to clean up due in part because I had to hunt down the fault!

Later All

Fergie

Ah one of those!! I'm still finding about US and CA loco's

I have a hard time remembering what's what.

Ken.

Hello all!
I've been off this board for a while, having had to cut back on the computer due to job issues.
Good to be back.

Hello everyone

Well today's little task was to install the 2" foam board on the extension roof then cover it in 3/4" ply etc etc, all was going well till it started raining and snowing and BLOWING a gale, anyhow not to be put off by a bit of weather i plodded on and got the job done, it's now ready for the roofer to felt next week.
Fergie good luck telling lisa or are you going to intercept postie and deny all knowledge of a new loco when she see's it..
Dan fancy a quick brew.

Fergie The conversation was challenging to say the least, Robert and Matthew were playing fire trucks, Gemma was attempting to join them, Nicky was trying to do tea and so on,,,a mad house:eek: :confused: :eek:

OK that was the easy part Steve! Now we know skype works on Windows 98SE. I spent all, and I mean ALL! day trying to get the wireless link. Never again will I bye a D-Link product as there twinkie techs are useless and apathetic to say the least! 20 minutes listening to crappy music and getting a person who well lets leave dead dogs lie shall we.

I finally made one last attempt at 5pm after 4 1/2 hours of banging and cursing before I got a positive result. My solution... to ignore the instructions. Well the gun decks are now clear so let the games begin!!!

Next project is to lay 50' of telephone wire to the layout so I can skype and throttle in unison. Wireless headsets are $159. Nah!

Later all

Fergie

Steve B said:
Anyone fancy a Skype call at 10 - 11pm GMT, got some Ore car questions

Call anytime and If the computer is up I may hear it. Plan on being under the layout today hooking up more rods and fulcrums.

Fergie

Hello Every,,,Errr,,,Fergie.

The managment are going to sack the staff :eek: if the till takings don't improve some, i think they will have to do a buy one get one free promotion.

Come on in guy's and gal's i'm buying

Spent the afternoon in the garage doing some more dust removal etc, that stuff is Everywhere. I have worked out how much railroad will be scrapped and it's about 80% so i decided to do a complete new track plan. I wanted to have some form of continious loop but due to space i am going to do an end to end, there will still be a loop at each end so i can run the track back and two a few times to give some trackage between the interchange yard and the industries.
I have downloaded the 3rdPlanit freebie and it's pretty good i can say, i'll post a pic of the plan when it's done

Just received a Skype call from a friend in Illinois, he used his web cam plugged into the lap top PC on a wireless network. The picture refreshed about 3-4 times a second and was very clear,,, a new milestone i recon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Steve, I'm still here, thanks for the drink!!

Don't forget about Xtrkcad you get the whole version for free. www.sillub.com

it's pretty good.

80% damage, I guess a total redo is the best option.
I haven't had the time for any Skypeing. we had a huge week on the ranch!! Now I've got the flu!!

Better go make a coffee.

Later, Ken.

Ahhh! A free cup of coffee will never be refused. Thanks Steve.

Sorry I haven't been on much. I have such a mess in my Depot that it has kept me busy...in fact that is what I am still doing today. I finally have all the walls insulated, the door installed at the opening between the depot and the adjoining garage, and my workbench relocated and back up. I bought the lumber for the layout extension and should be able to get on it tomorrow. The biggest hurdle is trying to figure out where to put everything (the floor is almost covered up in boxes and things)

I was up until the wee hours this a.m. trying to figure out the best way to turn my locos around on the new extension which is a point to point operation. I wanted a wye, but jeez they take up so much room it would screw up the rest of the design. A reversing loop was my next experiment, but the radius would be pretty tight at 22" and take away some of the operating challenges. Now I am thinking about a cheapo turntable even if I hand turn it. I would need at least a 120', but would rather not build another CMR or expensive one. STILL THINKING!

Steve: How would you rate the overall quality of the video connection? fair, good, great? I have been curious about that for quite some time. I knew there was residual delay, but a refresh of 3-4/sec seems like something you can deal with...for the novelty, if nothing else.

NZKen: Sorry that you are feeling bad. Maybe you just ran out of gas from getting s-o-o-o much work accomplished on your benchwork.:D

Sorry I won't have time today for a Skype, but maybe later this evening.;) :)

RexHea said:
Ahhh! A free cup of coffee will never be refused. Thanks Steve.

Sorry I haven't been on much. I have such a mess in my Depot that it has kept me busy...in fact that is what I am still doing today. I finally have all the walls insulated, the door installed at the opening between the depot and the adjoining garage, and my workbench relocated and back up. I bought the lumber for the layout extension and should be able to get on it tomorrow. The biggest hurdle is trying to figure out where to put everything (the floor is almost covered up in boxes and things)

I was up until the wee hours this a.m. trying to figure out the best way to turn my locos around on the new extension which is a point to point operation. I wanted a wye, but jeez they take up so much room it would screw up the rest of the design. A reversing loop was my next experiment, but the radius would be pretty tight at 22" and take away some of the operating challenges. Now I am thinking about a cheapo turntable even if I hand turn it. I would need at least a 120', but would rather not build another CMR or expensive one. STILL THINKING!

Steve: How would you rate the overall quality of the video connection? fair, good, great? I have been curious about that for quite some time. I knew there was residual delay, but a refresh of 3-4/sec seems like something you can deal with...for the novelty, if nothing else.

NZKen: Sorry that you are feeling bad. Maybe you just ran out of gas from getting s-o-o-o much work accomplished on your benchwork.:D

Sorry I won't have time today for a Skype, but maybe later this evening.;) :)

We wanna see some photo's!!! Sounds like a lot of work Rex.

I like the reverse loop option myself, could you have a 5ish ft blob on the end for a 30" radius?

Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back