The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve - seems as though life has been a tad too exciting for you lately!:D My sympathies on the repeated doctor visits, I been there myself lately (BP-related) and they ain't much fun!

Larry - did they make you fast before your visit? That's the part I really loathe about those blood-sugar readings!

Rex - How's that Heavy Steam Tsunami sounding?

G-Man - Sorry to hear your trip to CA got nixed.:( But isn't it neat how forums like this one can help you make friends all over the continent, wherever you might get sent to next!

CSX_road_slug said:
G-Man - Sorry to hear your trip to CA got nixed.:( But isn't it neat how forums like this one can help you make friends all over the continent, wherever you might get sent to next!

No big deal. It would have been fun though. I'm waiting for a ride to Denver. ;)

The web is a great MR resource. It's great to talk to other modelers from around the world and see their RR pics!

Rex, I've been lurking --- kids came from St. Louis for Thanksgiving week, so it was two weeks to get ready, 8 days to enjoy, and the most recent four days to recover and feel sad that it all went so fast. But I'll be hangin' out more regularly again now.

Larry, by now you should know: Always expect the unexpected when you visit the Doc. :eek:

Flo and Sabrina, I sure hope someone took you ladies OUT for Thanksgiving dinner! You deserved a day off from these guys!!!!!

Evening all, Flo a cold glass of water please
Glad tomorrow is Friday. Even though I have to work Saturday, there is something about the word " Friday " that sounds good.
KenL - I hope that BP is doing good.
cj - I'll get down there one day and meet everybody, and we'll tell some lies, uhh..... I mean talk trains.
Rex - Back in my drinking days that would not be near enough cans for my birthday party .;)
Take care everyone.

Stan.

Ken yes I had to fast but did not knwo it. I wnet in at 6AM and they asked the question have you eaten anything in the last 12 hours. Glass of milk at 10PM made me wait until after work at 1PM.
L_Ryes expect the unexpected but peein in a cup was very unexpected

RexHea said:
How about you, NZKEN? :D

Saturday is no good for me:( , our first family BBQ at the new place. Maybe yours for lunch and if I left around 2 in the afternoon I'd be home for 5pm cookup on the Barby?:D

It would be a miracle!!:eek:

I did have a look online at the airline ticket prices:eek: :eek: I'll keep the cash for more MR (oops that should have read food for the whanau, Maori for Family)

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
KenL, the heavy steam is installed and it sounds great like the light steam. It comes with a choice of 6 whistles. All of them have a deep and clear bassy sound. Real nice. The chuff is not quite as hardy sounding that I thought it would be, but there are a lot of adjustments that I haven't got to yet.

Stan: I know what you mean about the beer cans. I was there once, then 20 years ago I decided to live a real life.

Claudia: Great your back in action. It must have been a thrill having your family with you. We always hate to see them go, but if you are like us you're completely exhausted.

NZken: Sorry you can't make it, Ken. Maybe you can be at our next meet in January at Grande man's. You know, if you would have let us know sooner we could have all come to your BBQ. We would just borrow one of the Jets that Grande man works on.:D CJ as the pilot:eek: :eek:

RexHea said:
We would just borrow one of the Jets that Grande man works on.:D CJ as the pilot:eek: :eek:

Let's see now....push red button to start (sound of page being turned)....and don't let rev's get above 9,000......push throttle forward......:confused: Hey how do ya change the CV's on this blasted thing?????:):):)

Good Early Morning Everyone

This being on the back watch has been been a blessing as it has given me a chance to catch up on some painting namely two brass locos and three engines, 5 ballast cars, three box cars and two cabooses.

Ken: Your a bad enfluence! tsk, tsk,tsk... I talked to Teffy this evening and he's got five Tsunami's on order. If they're as good as you say they are I may have to invest in some.

Later

Fergie

Fergmiester said:
Ken: Your a bad enfluence! tsk, tsk,tsk... I talked to Teffy this evening and he's got five Tsunami's on order. If they're as good as you say they are I may have to invest in some...
Umm...Fergie, I think you spelled Rex's name incorrectly - no Tsunamies are available for my kind of power yet!:p :D

Well it's time for me to go to HD and get a refill on the latex. RT will be dropping by here on his way home from his brothers in PA, better make sure I get back in time for his visit...

Fergie: Guilty as charged! :eek: :D

Happy Saturday everyone. It won't be long before we need to post our Christmas wanna list.

Fellow Java mates: Those of you interested in the Tsunami either for curiosity or to consider buying, go to the Soundtraxx site and then to the manual section. They now have the "Tsunami Steam Users Guide". Download or just go through the .pdf pages and see all the great adjustments that are present in this decoder. It is unbelievable. This manual will explain all the new functions and how to set them. There are so many that I haven't even broken the surface in playing/setting them. It's not just for the sound, but many are for operating performance. For those savy on industrial motor control, PID is even included.

One thing that I picked up on and will get into today is the playable whistle. The Digitrax DT400 horn button can be a varible pressure-sensitive button to "play/vary" the whistle after some settings are made with the decoder.
FYI:
Fireman Fred not only shovels coal, but also turns a wrench, oils the drive mech, greases the drive mech, and (F9) fills the tender with water. All sounds in the Tsunamit have 'individual volume' and 'frequency of occurance' control.

Ain't it Fun! Love those gadgets.:D :D

CSX_road_slug said:
Umm...Fergie, I think you spelled Rex's name incorrectly - no Tsunamies are available for my kind of power yet!:p :D

Well it's time for me to go to HD and get a refill on the latex. RT will be dropping by here on his way home from his brothers in PA, better make sure I get back in time for his visit...

Some would consider this a "Freudian slip", while others would simply state...

A cigar is just just a cigar, which can really stink up Denmark, If you catch my drift:D or should I say "catch the wave", which by all accounts is really swell and should not be confused witha Tsunami. Some of you may not be able to fathom this.

Sorry

Fergie

Ah heck, Fergie! You know that if Bob can survive a hurricane he can handle a wave or two. Besides, do you think Ken or I would mislead Teffy?:eek: :rolleyes: :D FYI: Bob and I have been discussing a color scheme for your new locos. We haven't completely decided on what would have most sex appeal, but Ken is suppose to add input to the discussion soon.:p

Sounds Buffs: Thought I would let you know that the Equalizer settings on the Tsunami will compensate for the size speaker you have. There are preset values (and custom settings) that you pick for the size speaker and see if you like it...if not try another. Now we can have that bassy sound instead of the flat response we have had with other decoders. I didn't make it to the 'playable whistle" settings. I've been playing with everything else:eek: :D .

Fergmiester said:
A cigar is just just a cigar, which can really stink up Denmark, If you catch my drift:D or should I say "catch the wave", which by all accounts is really swell and should not be confused witha Tsunami. Some of you may not be able to fathom this.
Hmmm, this is getting pretty deep...
"Catch a wave and you're sitting on top of the world." - the Beach Boys
"Catch a whiff and the world is sitting on YOU!" - anonymous, from a father of a newborn baby when nobody was around to help

RexHea said:
Fergie... FYI: Bob and I have been discussing a color scheme for your new locos. We haven't completely decided on what would have most sex appeal, but Ken is suppose to add input to the discussion soon.
That's elementary, let's do the "math":

A railroad's motive power usually reflects attributes of it's CEO, right? Let's begin with two that we know of:

(1) M.E.S.S. iron ore hoppers; and (2) Polar bears

(For the sex appeal part, these are fairly macho symbols, ya think?) At one end of the spectrum, we have the color of the ore jennies; at the other end, the polar bears' color. Ergo, the optimum color for Fergie's motive power lies some where in between these two.:rolleyes:

You need a telly.....
and I know everything 'bout transporting them polar bear buddies.....
So here is the telly:
29796-TV-F1010033.jpg

Hello All,
Ken lets see, red ore jennies + white polar bears = 50/50 mix,Mmmmmmm Nice

Jon that's a great TV show, i want one, is it Z scale ???

Well fellas today is the day!! Sitting here having a coffee and waiting till the folks at our new place have gone ( lunch time hopefully ) Then we can start moving!!

Really exciting, I did get some sleep tho:)

Jon, I like that TV would be a great conversation piece.

Have a great day guys, I will.

Ken.

It is a Z scale layout and it is not mine, caught it on an exhibition, so here are the flipside:
29814-TV-bak_F1010032.jpg

And I have spotted a sofa for it:
29800-sofa-F1120006.jpg

greffern said:
You need a telly.....
and I know everything 'bout transporting them polar bear buddies.....
So here is the telly:
29796-TV-F1010033.jpg

I suppose this doesn't come in a Flat Screen version does it?:D

To be honest this is a winner hands down and really would make an excellent article in one of the magazines. Something to think about. Seriously, Well done!!

Now where was I.... Ahhh yes the Mutt and Jeff show:mad: OK Ken, Rex, this of course means war!!!! Now I just have to come up with a game plan. By the way if you look up in the sky come Christmas that won't be Santa, so DUCK:eek:

This hasn't been a good day for me as the only set of decals I had for my Loco disinegrated before my verty eyes and I don't know if I'll be able to replace them. I've sent several dealers/distributors e-mails and hopefully not all is lost. I couldn't believe this happened especially as the painting worked out so well. As a result I didn't sleep at all when I got off at 6 this morning had to get up and play Santa for my wife's workplace this afternoon (Was asked if I was available for next year, so I couldn't have been that bad)

And I'm up until 6am tomorrow:(

ZZZZZzzzzz

Fergie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back