The bookstore is back to normal.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
The recent problem with a flaky network interface card not only created hassles here at the forum, it ended up causing the bookstore software to delete all of the products in inventory, since they check stock daily, and if the item doesn't show as being in stock, it's deleted. Over a period of a couple weeks, flaky connections ended up with everything vanished.

A couple of weeks worth of work later, I've got a nice selection of books back online. You can view the bookstore here:
http://www.modelrailroadbookstore.com/shop/

As a reminder, the bookstore and the Amazon links at the top of the page are both an excellent way to help support the forum. When you buy a product from either of those links, Amazon pays me a small commission. You pay the same exact price you would on Amazon, and in fact you place your order directly on the Amazon website, so you always get the most current price and their world class security and customer service. All I do is let you know about products you might not otherwise be aware of.

The forum costs about $3,000 a year just for the server lease. There's other costs too, but I'd rather not add them all up. That's why we have those pesky ads, and I promote the bookstore. Trust me, I'm not getting rich off of this. I lose money, but the ads and Amazon revenue helps offset some of that.

Thanks Bob! I've bought many books and things through the book store, but none since I moved. Many of my things are still packed away and my inventory not up-to-date.

I did however find this book I know I don't already have!

I Never Met a Train I Didn't Like: The Art and Enjoyment of Collecting Toy Trains Paperback

by Lou Palumbo
It will be here Monday!

Bob, I've noticed the forum wasn't timing out or not loading for the last week or so (it'smuch better now). At least you found the cause, though having to re-do the store sucks.

Back