Texas New Guy

tphmike

My name is Mike Lee and live in League City, Texas, just south of Houston. I am an N Scaler and model my hometown railroad the Tonopah and Goldfield Railroad in central Nevada. The railroad was initially a narrow gauge railroad and only operated 1 year before standard gauged. The era I model is from 1907 to 1915. I am also a member of the Galveston County Model Railroad Club in Texas City where I run my modern trains. I am a retired USCG CWO and currently work as a safety and compliance officer for an oil major. My other hobbies are Central Nevada History, reading, gardening and woodworking. I have been married 30 years and we have 4 children, 11 grandchildren and 1 great grand child. We will be retiring in a few years and moving back to the Reno area. "You can take the boy out of Nevada, but you can't take Nevada out of the boy." Sagebrush runs through my blood.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard and thank you for your service to our great nation!

Welcome Mike. Fellow Texan here, but I'm quite a bit north of League City, about 60 miles north of the Dallas/Ft Worth area, out in the boonies. I have seen the Galveston County Model Railroad Club website and I hope to get down there one day soon. It's quite impressive, just hoping that more progress is made on the HO layout before I get there.

Back