TCS DCC Throttle

autocoach

This morning (12/21/2017) TCS announced they are going beyond the boards and showed the prototype of their own handheld throttle connected by WiFi to their own DCC Command Station. Does anyone know much about this product. I would have hoped they would have used Blue Tooth communications protocols between throttle and command station and included read back. Not sure what capabilities really are.

Blue Rail may still be better option.

Ken Adams

Hi,

Well I suppose the world can handle another command station. Have to wait and see what they bring to the table.

Frederick

TCS make good decoders so, based on that, their attempt at creating another DCC system will most likely also be good. Problem I see though is they are a long way behind the 8 ball at this point with the majority of people with DCC layouts already having spent X amount of dollars on what they have; people who most likely aren't going to be willing to "try something new".

As much as I like TCS, I think if they are to become a viable competitor in the market they are going to have to come up with something pretty darn special and so something that other makers haven't done.

Back