T scale on a G scale flatbed?

mr_yogurt

Recently, I have been thinking about something. Since a T scale is to a G scale as a G scale is to the real thing, and since a G scale layout would probably fit on the real thing, is it possible to put a T scale layout on a flatbed car of a G scale? (And if you wanted and had the resources, the G scale on a real train?). Powering the T track would probably be a pain, but maybe with proper electric skills someone could do it. Also, the T scale track would look pretty boring unless you were really good at making a tiny oval track look good with scenery. I don't have any experience with either scale (or with model railroading in general... I'm working on my first layout still), so I don't have much of an idea of whether or not this would work.

A T scale layout in a store window or even around a Christmas tree on a G scale layout would make sense and be easier to do.

Hey Mr_Yougart,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard! That is a very interesting idea!

Hey Gary, have you seen Lionel's Hobby shop? It has 3 working layout inside. Unfortunately the picture does not show them very well at all. http://www.lionel.com/Products/Finder/ProductDetail.cfm?ProductNumber=6-14133&CategoryID=0
6-14133_118.jpg

That's pretty cool Louis, but not my scale. A LHS in my area has a custom run of an O scale shop with their name (Berwyn Hobbies) name on it.

Hey Gary, I thought the style of that hobby shop might appeal to you. If it were in HO I thought it would look right at home on your layout.

I wonder how many Berwyn Hobbies had to order to have a special run made for them?

Back