Springfield a Damp Squib?

jwb

I've looked on all the usual suspect forums, and seems like there ain't much from Springfield. "Sorry, forgot to take photos" seems to be a typical post. Other than a very few new products from Tangent and Rapido, any other news?

I think Athearn had some stuff, the new Geep rebuilds and some RTR engines, and Atlas had some re-runs.

I think Athearn had some stuff, the new Geep rebuilds and some RTR engines, and Atlas had some re-runs.

A few weeks ago there was a train show in the Anaheim Convention Center and Athearn was a no-show.

Keep in mind they have their HQ only about 30-minutes away! Maybe they were embarrassed to show up without the promised (over & over) MT4 SP 4-8-2 I first saw at a Long Beach show back in 2010 if I recall the right date. They have been taking 'pre-orders" for years!

I was there as a vendor, so I didn't get to do a lot of wandering around. I was way too busy! Still I managed to pre-order Fos Scale Limited's new kit, pick up a second structure kit from Bollinger Edgerly Scale Trains, visit the City Classics and Bowser booths, pick up some decent HO scale vehicles at the Sylvan Scale Models booth, and at another vendor's booth near mine. The eight inches of snow they got Saturday did hurt that day's attendance, it was down 50%, but business was still booming. Sunday was really busy, so "damp squib"? Nope. Good show!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back