Spring floods caused some serious issues

Emperor of the North

I'm preparing to start working on my own layout soon and my skill level is untested. Maybe I could start with this as a model. All kidding aside, I didn't realize these are the issues (This is BNSF which I am a big fan as I saw them daily in the northern burbs of Mpls/St. Paul as a youngster) that our Transportation industry has to deal with.

washed-out-track-nebraska3-large.jpg

Somebody needs to put some better sub-roadbed under that flextrack! But, then again, if you realistically model the Mighty Mississippi, it isn't all that unusual to have flooding problems! :eek:

Very true. I grew up less than a mile from the Mississippi but we were on high ground... I guess no matter how much glue you use on the ballast, it won't handle a deluge. Of course, who would flood their layout no matter how much you want to emulate the real thing. :)

I agree. In the 70's we'd cross the field by my house and watch the trains full of new cars, or hauling ore from up north come roaring by and when I saw what all you guys have been doing with a hobby I never kept up with, and add to it a bunch of beutiful locomotives WITH SOUND like the originals, I knew I had to climb on board (pun intended). I have been reading, reading, and more reading and looking at pics for months now. I decided on my models from memories of what I used to see coming through town. I picked out several Loco's to fit ME ( a couple Great pumpkin SD-60's, a couple SD-40's, SD45-2's, C424's) and soon I'll decide how much of the garage I'll eat up (as long as the Harley is out of the weather), and come up with a layout. Too much fun. I'm retired Navy and have to spend wisely.

Nice Loco Steve, I found a place that had like 3 new ones in stock but then I figured it might be a problem with a half dozen of the same road number on the track at the same time. :)

I guess I'll look for a couple nice CP Locomotives down the road. I sure do like the quality feel of the Athearn Genesis Loco's. How is yours when pulling?

Wasn't aware of that color scheme. My favorite is the one with the big bold gold lettering.

If the water on those tracks was a little deeper, they'd have to assign U-boats for the motive power.

Thank you. I'll be here all this week. Invite your friends.

Back