SP&S C424 #301

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

M

Mountaingoatgreg

As requested by I have placed this photo here too.
I started with an Undec Atlas shell. Added all the appropriate details including brake chain and housing, speed recorders, horn, class lights, windshield wippers, lift rings, door handels, handbrake. I modified the fuel tank by using a peice of .010 sheet styrene and wrapping it around the existing tanks. It is painted with polly scale Bruinswick green with floquil armour yellow. Microscale decals cut to fit. The weathering is all done with an airbrush using pollyscale mud, dirt and oily black. to answer Abcragheads question all the pics I have of the 424 don't have becons until after 1969.

Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Greg that's a fantastic model, excellent work. I was wondering what you had used for weathering, nicely done, the effect is very convincing.

Cheers Willis

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com