Southern Nevada?

cheis

Is there anything going on in or around Las Vegas area for Model railroaders?

NMRA does not appear to have a local chapter and the SNMRE Email bounces back.

For some reason, Nevada seems to be a black hole. I haven't found much at all in the Las Vegas area or the Reno area. Couldn't even find a hobby shop. In northern Nevada there are a few tourist trains to ride. There's the Virginia & Truckee in Virginia City, NY and the Nevada Northern Railroad Museum in Ely, NV. More real trains than model railroading. I have ridden on both these railroads and enjoyed them a lot.

Nevada is included in the NMRA. Think it's part of the Cajon Division & Pacific Southwest Region. Have met modelers from Nevada at their events.

I should be more specific, HO gauge interested groups.

Does this help? :p

[YOUTUBE]rFzM5-VHiXc[/YOUTUBE]
Haha, watch your wallet, Las Wages has a habit of getting to your cash.

For some reason, Nevada seems to be a black hole. I haven't found much at all in the Las Vegas area or the Reno area. Couldn't even find a hobby shop. In northern Nevada there are a few tourist trains to ride. There's the Virginia & Truckee in Virginia City, NY and the Nevada Northern Railroad Museum in Ely, NV. More real trains than model railroading. I have ridden on both these railroads and enjoyed them a lot.
That is indeed something I appreciate seeing is the tourist railways. There is a large one operating in Boulder City as well. As far as hobby shops, I am lucky with at least two decent model train stores in town with a fair selection.

Nevada is included in the NMRA. Think it's part of the Cajon Division & Pacific Southwest Region. Have met modelers from Nevada at their events.
True, there is an annual Spring meeting at the Henderson convention center in June, I was hoping for something a bit more...frequent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back