Soundtraxx customer service

trailrider

I had a problem with a wire pulling loose from a Soundtraxx TCU-2200 Steam decoder (my own fault!). I sent it back to Soundtraxx, and received one either repaired or a replacement (I think the latter, as the decoder wrapping partially covered the connector for the keep-alive capacitor.) No charge. The gentleman I spoke to about it was very helpful about that and some other questions I've had in the past.
I installed the decoder in my 4-8-4, and checked it out on the bench before buttoning up the tender. Put the locomotive on the track and...it ran, and the headlight came on, but no sound! Took the tender apart, and discovered...one wire to the speaker had become detached! Apparently I pulled it loose when I put the body back on. Quick work with the soldering gun and it was back in business. Runs like a Swiss watch! That makes the fourth of my locomotives converted to DCC+ sound with Soundtraxx electronics. I think that will do it for awhile. Can't spare either the time or the money to convert any more of my locomotives...at this time! ;)

I've used Soundtraxx decoders for a couple of projects. No complaint whatsoever. I have not had to use their customer service department yet, however. It sounds like they have good service, though!

George Bogatuik 111, that runs the help dept, is very obliging. I've had a couple of email conversations with him. He recently pointed me in the direction of the Athearn Genesis instructions for adjusting CV's to help the Tsunami2's better run with the 1st edition Tsunami. It's in with the Genesis SD60e. Can't reference at the moment, still using the wife's computer.

Back