Smoky Mountain Train ride. "photo heavy"

This was a ride me and my wife took last week thought I would shear some photo's:
With 53 miles of track, 2 tunnels and 25 bridges, the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad offers a variety of excursions that explore the amazing landscape of Western North Carolina. With the romance and mystique of an era gone by, guests on-board the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad will enjoy scenic train journeys across fertile valleys and through river gorges in a spectacular region near The Great Smoky Mountains:http://www.gsmr.com/
thanks for looking real long!
ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

Cool pics, thanx!
What's the deal with the old baggage car? The old loco? The bloke in the last pic??:p

The old baggage car was a car on a side track that was being remodel. the old trains was from the movie The Fugitive (1993) wich stars Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. There was a hole side track built for the movie. And the bloke well thats just me:)

Kevin, When I use to ride the train there it was kept in Dillsboro & they always ran a steamer & very seldom ran a diesel. All of the museum & the large O scale indoor layout was in Dillsboro & you could ride the dinner train for $10.00 a head.
3 years ago I made a trip to Bryson City to see the new museum & layout & the new & improved station. I checked on tickets & they were about $35.00 a person to ride in an airconditioned pass. car in the off season. I didn't ask what the price was for the on season. I haven't rode the train since it moved out of Dillsboro. I was told last year that the turntable just south of Dillsboro was going to be moved to Bryson city. Use to see that thing upside down along the tracks for years w/a couple of wrecked diesels.
Might have to ride it this year when I go on vacation. It's been a long time.
Did you get to go thru the museum & the layout building?

^I did it was free if you had tickets for the train ride I got some pic's well a lot of pic's just haven't had time to post them yet. we had an hour layover in dillsboro where the wife wanted to do some shopping. but I guess the train go's two ways from bryson city but all n all it was a fun time.

Back