Small Railroad Structures

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
Several years ago Bar Mills had sold some small wooded building kits. I built one and it was a small, fun, wooden model to construct. A search of their web-site didn't find any mentioned or offered for sale.

Can anyone recommend a source of small building kits to use as foreground buildings in a run down section of my layout? I'm using an industrial building flat from DownTown Deco as the background building.

Thanks.

Greg

if you like working with wood, then Motrak models is very good. So is Foscale Models, GC Laser and American Model Builders. Blair Line is also nice and not overly expensive

Bar Mills still produces a few small buildings. Twin Utility Sheds, Cabins at Collard's Creek and Shack Pack are all still available. I'm in the middle of BEST Camp Cabins.

Are Campbell kits still available? At one time they were considered craftsman and expensive, although by today's standards, they might be considered 'quaint.' How about some of the pot metal Woodland Scenic kits from years past? I'm not sure if Grant Line makes an inexpensive kit or two, that might be a good modeling subject, and detail-able. Good luck!

Back