Small Diorama Lighting Help

Trucklover

BNSF SD70MAC's
Hi Guys,

Im building a small diorama for my girlfriend that she can have at her house that im going to mount on the wall. I am going to have 4-5 working Walthers streetlights and the Walthers "Aunt Lucy's House" on the diorama. I need to get something to power all the streetlights and the small light in the house. My question is, what would you guys suggest i get/use to do this? I would like it to be battery powered, with a switch that can be turned on and off...

Here is a pic of the house light and the streetlight

SL373560.jpg

I believe that the street light is an LED? i dont think they make bulbs that small that are not LED's lol. The light in the house looks like a Christmas light... lol

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Josh, the lights are all incandescent, including the streetlights. They require 12 volts but will operate realistically down to about 8 volts. You could get a pair of four cell AA battery holders at Radio Shack and wire them together to provide 12 volts, or a four cell and two cell holder to provide 8 volts. You can run the wire through an in-line switch for control. Those lights will suck the batteries dry in about an hour though. It would be a lot better to get a cheap train set powerpack for a couple of bucks off e-bay and wire the lights to the variable side of the powerpack. You can then leave them on as long as you want and control the brightness of the bulbs.

Back