Show your layout sized passenger trains

Now, on that North Coast Limited or the Empire Builder, depending on where you are geographically (South of St. Paul) you might want to put an E7 or E8/9 A-B in Burlington Route livery on the head end! ;)

Right now, I don't have the HO layout anywhere near finished, or I'd take a photo or two, of a couple of my passenger trains. I'm working on a BN version of the Empire Builder, as my Dad got me an AHM BN Vista Dome car, when I was about 10 years old. I've picked up a few BN green/hockey stick cars over the last 20 years, but no motive power, which I'm planning will be F units. Also have the orange/green version in Mantua aluminum cars, which aren't right, or even close, but in my modeling universe, they'll run around the track, well enough. Working on building a shorty version of the El Capitan, with some Flieschmann cars from the 60's. Flanges are very deep, and couplers need some swapping, but will go nicely with my 2 SF F units. Also have the BLI Blue Bird, with a P2K E8. Been thinking about putting on the list a 4-5 car NH Comet, as I like the styling of it. Never got into the Aerotrain, as I met someone who rode it, many years ago on the PRR, and they said it was made up of basically buses.

Back