Show off time

malletman

Alcohaulic
Picked up the primary road power for my grain hauling shortline. Still in her shiny bare brass beauty for now. Was a mint/unrun Overland Models/Ajin BN(ex CB&Q) GP20. Was nearly locked up from hardened grease, but now running smooth with the typical whine these have. Has an older Richmond Controls light circuit in her for now but it lacks lighting for the rear headlight, so I ordered a new circuit from them that will have that added feature. She will remain in BN colors but patched out and caring the reporting marks of my shortline. I got the IC SD70 sold, which is what allowed me to purchase this unit. The SD70 was just to big on my small layout. Mike the Aspie
BNGP20.jpg

Me to, wish Overland had done a few more of BN's older Geeps, about the only other one is the GP30 and its a later run and much much more expensive. I would love a high hood GP9 with the standard Ajin tower drive like the GP20 has. I might have to take one of the UP GP7's or GP9's and BNize it for my set up to get that drive system. Going to concentrate on the layout for awhile now unless something pops up that I like.

I have one of the Proto 2K versions. A bit of an orphan actually. There's just something about it's size and bits and pieces, just took my fancy. I recently put a 1st gen Tsunami in it just for fun and gave it it's first run in a long time, mine is #487. Pretty much similar to the CB&Q apart from the horn
1555649678769.png

Back