Shop on Amazon and help the forum at the same time.

And how about this from your original post above: "Most products you buy on Amazon will generate a small commission for the forum if you use one of our links to get there. So, how does that work? Well, the easy way is to click on one of the Amazon ads at the top and the bottom of the page, even if they don't have the item you want."

The italics are mine. Well and good that the forum earns a commission. But ads at the top and bottom of which page? There's no sign of Amazon anywhere until one clicks on the "buy product" link and is taken directly to the Amazon website.

Which page? Every single page in the forum, including this one. There are ads at the top and bottom of each forum page. If you are not seeing them, then you're probably using an ad blocker in your web browser. I do understand why folks use them, but the revenue that the ads generate allow this place to operate. I pay thousands of dollars every year for hosting fees and software. I do not make a profit on the forum, I'm simply trying to reduce what it costs me to operate the place. Yes, ideally, the forum would generate some revenue. However, that's not the case at this time.

The only blocker I use is Ghostery to block trackers. Either on or off, I still see no Amazon ads anywhere. Anyway, glad to hear that sales bring the forum commissions.

I used to be an Amazon associate also. You won't get rich from them, but I had a steady trickle of funds coming my way with no input from my end. Nice monthly bonus. :D

Back