Scratchbuilt Structure

Thank you. Might do a overhang off of the front. Just haven't figured out exactly how I want it to look. Want to have the pulley up there, too, with some rope hanging down. Little extra details still in the works.

Very nice results for your first effort. I'd vote for a little overhang on the roofs unless you're working from pictures of a prototype without overhangs. what did you use for roof shingles?

It pays to have a wife who is into scrapbooking. She shares her supplies.:D The shingles were made from textured card stock made by DCWV called Matchmakers2 Adhesive Mat Stack Neutrals. Here's a link to a site with them.
It's in the last row on the far right. Lots of good roofing colors here and three sheets of each color.

http://www.thefind.com/crafts/info-dcwv-mat-stacks

I glued a sheet of plain card stock on top of the barn first. Then cut strips for the shingles which I notched with my wifes Cutter Bee scissors. Peel the backing off the strips and press them on. I only had a few spots that I had to use a little white glue where strips wanted to curl up. I mention the scissors because they have an incredibly sharp tip for precise work like this.

Back