Score! ...Train show find

skyliner

So this past weekend I wandered up to the fairgrounds where one of the local museums was sponsoring a train show. Pretty good selection of supplies, cars, memorabilia, and more. There were several layouts on display as well. I ended up with a few cars (they had some plain GSC flats that I'd been looking for), some track, a few pins and stickers, and this:

DSC_5473.jpg

It measures a full 18 x 24" on either steel or heavy gauge aluminum (heavy!) and is in decent condition, with some honest wear. I'm not sure where exactly it came from, my guess is that type of sign was used on the sides of buildings or stations? I found a display case that would fit and mounted it, although it took me a little while to figure out how to secure such a heavy object inside something intended for much lighter things... ended up using bolts through the back of the case, with nylon washers in three of the sign's grommets.

Now I just have to figure out where to display it. Can't decide on the train room or whether it's cool enough to hang in the living room.

Anyone else have any neat show finds lately? Or anyone else decorate with authentic railroad memorabilia?

Last edited:
Mostly just photos for myself. I once had a MP "buzzsaw" sign that was metal about 36 inches in diameter.
Really wasn't my RR and I traded it to a hobby shop for a couple of car kits.

Back