SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Now I am finishing and testing some new features in SCARM and the next version with many new and updated track libraries will be released soon, I hope :)

Mixy
I'm unsure as to what this means.....MANY new track libraries

Atlas Flex Track

When I went looking for Atlas track, I found these offerings
Atlas HO Snap-Track C100
Atlas HO Snap-Track C83
Atlas HO True-Track C83

To my knowledge Atlas 'snap track' is not the same as the flex track....is that true?
Wasn't the snap track those preformed sections of track of certain sizes and radius,...that not were not flexible??

You mess up track (single piece) with a library (range of tracks, turnouts, crossings and other special tracks with same geometry rules, forming a complete system).

The 3 libraries (systems) that you are listing are part of Atlas track range. They include straights, curves, flexes, turnouts, etc.

Mixy

What is going on with SCARM? I have purchased the Power Edition and now cannot download any of the extensions.

I go to the Rolling Stock Library and it tells me I am not logged in.
I log in then get told there is missing data, use browse extensions within SCARM
I browse extensions and get told I have to log in (AGAIN)
AGAIN, I log in and get told there is "missing data"

This has to be the most ridiculous and cumbersome method of getting something, IF you can get it, from a website after buying a product and "supposedly" having access to downloadable content.

What would be so hard to have everything in the one spot? Open the SCARM site, login, go to the downloads page and download the free content for registered users - like me? How hard would that be?

Instead, you have to log in in one area, separate from the program - open SCARM that evidently isn't connected to the login page so it doesn't know if your logged in or not, log in again go back to Extensions from THAT login page, that apparently doesn't know you got there from the program, just to start all over again.

SCARM used to be very good and very user friendly, until Mixy decided to profit from it. Now, at least in terms of the so called extensions, it is anything but user friendly and is overly complicated and disjointed for something that should be a simple matter of downloading and installing.

Downloading of the rolling stock for the MTS PE is explained here:

How to download virtual locomotives and wagons.

And that link is also mentioned in your MTS PE purchase confirmation email.

Nothing is so hard - you just need to follow the instructions. Or in case of problems, just reply to the registration email.

Mixy

Hi Mixy,
When will the new Walthers 110' HO scale turn table be loaded into SCARM? Or is there an article somewhere on how one can create one in SCRAM?

To my knowledge Atlas 'snap track' is not the same as the flex track....is that true?
Wasn't the snap track those preformed sections of track of certain sizes and radius,...that not were not flexible??
In Atlas Terms, "Snap-Track" is an entire line of track including both preformed sections and flex track.

Yes, it can be quite bore sometimes. I will enable moving and zooming, while baseboard is created and will start to work over coordinates entering tools :)
Is there anyway to "lock" the baseboard? I keep hitting it by mistake and have to continually do the boring (I would say necessarily tedious) task of putting it back. Probably have spent more time re-doing the baseboard than I have working on the layout.

Hi Mixy,
When will the new Walthers 110' HO scale turn table be loaded into SCARM? Or is there an article somewhere on how one can create one in SCRAM?

I will schedule that part to be created and included in the library for the next version of SCARM ;)

Is there anyway to "lock" the baseboard? I keep hitting it by mistake and have to continually do the boring (I would say necessarily tedious) task of putting it back. Probably have spent more time re-doing the baseboard than I have working on the layout.

In SCARM all parts are always "glued" - you can select anything, but you can't move it accidentally. That is valid also for the baseboard. Even if you click over the contour by mistake, you can't move it. However, if you click straight over a corner, you can move it directly - if you do that, just use Undo to restore the original position. And I will make the corner not able to be moved directly in the next verson - instead, it will needed to be selected first and moved with a second click.

Mixy

Back