Scale Trains - SD40T-2 Tunnel Motors - Video

Yep, I install Kadee #5 types on all my stuff now. The first stop when I get it home is at the work bench to do that, then over to the laptop for programming then on to the test track for a few minutes. From there, it's up to the main level and put into service.
I just don't understand how these other wanna-be coupler manufacturers can live with themselves to produce and sell couplers that aren't capable of much more than pulling a few cars around a Christmas tree.

Ken, I installed iPhone speakers in the ST SD40s I got that were DCC ready. There is enough room toward the rear to simply lay the speaker on top of the frame weight, and a strip of electrical tape keeps it where I put it. They sound good, and no dismantling required--at least for the ones I did. They already had speaker wires attached to the 21 pin decoder.

Yeah, I'll eventually install speakers in the silent loco. Just didn't want to do that now. Have a few other irons in the fire I'm tryin to keep up with.

Yep, I install Kadee #5 types on all my stuff now. The first stop when I get it home is at the work bench to do that, then over to the laptop for programming then on to the test track for a few minutes. From there, it's up to the main level and put into service.
I just don't understand how these other wanna-be coupler manufacturers can live with themselves to produce and sell couplers that aren't capable of much more than pulling a few cars around a Christmas tree.
For what it's worth, good - Scaletrains now comes with metal couplers...bad - they're still Scaletrains designs that don't mate easily with KD's.

Back