Scale Trains GE 39 8

NYC_George

I had one of my old RR friends visit me today. He brought 3 locos all Scale Trains. I was very impressed with all three. They sounded great, looked great and ran great. You don't have to teak these locos. Everything works right out to the box. No need to add phone speakers etc. No need to add ditch or marker lights. ( you need to buy the SD40-3's if you want ditch lights for a SD40 though. I was really impressed by the GE-39-8. You name it, it had it and Wow did it sound good. I'm buying 2 of them at the Big E train show. I would say don't waste your time with other locos. A company who's doing it right for once. I had that 64 car train running on my layout as I mentioned in another post when my friend said let's see if one of these SD40's can pull them and it did. One engine 64 cars on a curved track. I'm just letting you know if your going to the Big E show make sure you take a look at these locos.

GE_39_8.JPG

George - I have four of their SD40-2's and I am also very impressed. I run DC so I don't have all of the bells and whistles (pun intended) but I am not interested in sound anyway. You can't go wrong purchasing them. I haven't actually checked out the pulling power of one yet, if it can beat my Athearn Genesis record of 64 cars with a single unit I will be more impressed. Something for tomorrow's to-do list!:cool:

I have several of their Tier4s. I too am very impressed with the sound, looks, and how smooth it runs. If they come out with some locomotives that fit my modern era, then I will be purchasing more!

Quibble - it's a "C39-8", not a "GE-39-8".

GE (General Electric) is the builder, but not part of the model #.

They are great I got 2 Gevo's and 2 SD 40-3's.The thing I like about them is the built in current keeper,makes them run so smooth.

Last edited:
Sadly, finances prohibit the purchase of one of those. Sadder still, finances prohibit and trip to the Big E this year where I could at least drool over them... :( Oh well, there's always next year, right?

Back