Santa Fe 3751

I posted this link in the coffee shop, but then it dawned on me the Iron Horsemen is not a regular visitor.

This one is for you Iron Horsemen, I was thinking of you my friend.

http://tracks.lionel.com/trains-eye-view-santa-fe-3751/

That was Friggin Awesome!....she's beautiful. I hope they keep her doing that often.

Wish I'd been on I-10 beside her....better yet, I'd loved to have been the Engineer!

Logger Mike,
Charlotte, NC Area

4-8-4's have got the best chuff, didn't hear much of it till he got in front, but then I'm biased 'cause the biggest locos in mainline service in NZ were 4-8-4's, used to hear them as they labored up the Newmarket Incline from Auckland City.

Nice!! I rode the '92 train as a 11 year old tyke. I tend to think the Northern looks the most balanced - though I'm also partial to the Hudson and Santa Fe models.

As a boy, I had the privilege of seeing big steam up close. My father kept pace with a steam engine in Louisiana for miles as I draped myself on the back window and just stared in awe. It looked alive! I also rode passenger between Ft Worth, Texas and Birmingham, AL through New Orleans. Riding is great, but seeing the beast up close was the highlight of my young life.

Steam Engines look cool and the bigger the better, but I don't know much more then that about steam engines.

I know it takes me twice as long to service my O gauge steamers as it does my diesels. I can't image how hard they were in real life.

Nothing is better then steam for running under the Christmas tree, except maybe a GG1 :)

Awesome indeed! Interesting how little smoke she produces at speed. Guess I'm used to seeing runby's where the fireman is sanding the flues, producing a lot of dense black smoke. Was the diesel behind her helping, along for the ride or just in case of a breakdown? Thanks for posting!

You are very welcome Rick and trailrider, I'm happy you liked it.

I'll have to keep in mind many people don't visit the coffee shop. I wish you all would :) In the coffee shop we talk all kinds of things. No politics or religion of course, but just about anything else is fair game.

I'll have to keep in mind many people don't visit the coffee shop. I wish you all would :) In the coffee shop we talk all kinds of things.
Yeah but people end up posing the train and MR things in there too instead of out in the main threads. I think in some ways that is why so much of the rest of the board seems to dead to visitors all the time, and why many don't hang around long. Dead boards don't attract new people.

I have to agree with Horseman. Since I have been back the activity in the "main threads" has been very slow, almost non existent at times yet there are a number of members logged on. Don't get me wrong, the Coffee Shop is great for discussing everything and anything (almost) BUT those things relating to the hobby, trains, layouts and questions relating to the hobby and so on should be discussed in the appropriate main threads.

As Horseman said, it is also in my opinion one of the best proportioned steam engines! When time comes to think about making up an excursion train i hope that i ll be able to find a nice HO version. (Having said that, i also like the 4-6-4 and especially the blue goose)

Thanks for posting!

Back