"S" Scale turntables

hcopter51

American Flyer John
:confused: Anyone know where "S" turntables can be found? Web sites? I have no "S" hobby shops close and I would prefer to stay away from Ebay. Thanks,John:D

Hi John, I just did a search on Google and turned up this page, looks like there are plenty of hits

http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&...as_q=s%2Bscale&btnG=Search%A0within%A0results

13.gif
Willis

Ever thought about scratch building? I landed up doing that as I wasn't willing on spending great gobs of money on one. Believe it or not it's not hard to do just time consuming.

Fergie

Bowser makes S gauge turntables. Don't have a web page off hand but they do advirtise in the model magazines.

Greg Elems

Ever thought about scratch building? I landed up doing that as I wasn't willing on spending great gobs of money on one. Believe it or not it's not hard to do just time consuming.

Fergie
I built a large bridge-type HO turntable directly on top of an Atlas HO flat powered type. Doing so solved several problems:
1. Got it built cheap.
2. Pivot point is secure and reliable.
3. Indexing is provided, I added extra storage tracks between the auto-indexed ones.
4. Power to the bridge is built-in. Jumper wires soldered to the Atlas rails carry power up to the bridge rails.
5. I used Atlas girder bridge panels to build the bridge. This must be accurately built but the result is worth the effort.

Back