Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly Harris‎ - Railroad Images of Bygone Days
1572012588119.png

1572012834832.png

Sherrel, I don't know which team will win. I do think it's the team who's pitcher can keep the ball out of the heart of the plate because both of these teams can hit!

Could be a pitcher's duel, might be another blow out, but it's anybody's game!

I'll give you a tip; don't bet on these games!

Good morning ...

Louis .... I remember when TV's looks like that. I also remember Howdy Doody, Roy Rogers, Mickey Mouse Club, etc.. Thanks for your comment about dental work. I'll have more of that after out trip to AZ.

Boris .... It is good to see your work on your layout. The buildings look great.

Willie ..... It look like your barn will have an aged look to it based on how you are breaking up some of the wood. Thanks for the wishes for a safe trip. On the way to AZ, we change planes in Dallas / Ft. Worth. (American Airlines) .

Everybody ..... Thanks for the "likes" for my picture.

Pickup Trucks ..... I have been driving the same 2002 Chevy Avalanche since it was new. It has never had a mechanical failure. So, if I ever replace it, I would consider another Chevy.

Good morning. Only 37 degrees to start the day but we are expecting temps to drop after some high winds this afternoon.

Louis - Really enjoyed your photos. The Kelly Harris photo is outstading. The 1954 shot is good also. So far as the TV ads go, I will have to say that we didn't have a TV until the mid 60's because where we lived, there was extremely poor reception because the mountains really cut down the signal.

Joe - As you know, I have been collecting vehicles for the transition era for years. When the casr resin vehicles were introduced, there wasn't a wide variety. I still have a few in their original packaging just because they are a pain to get a good looking finish on them. Today I really have no problems for the transition era, but the 60's, 70's 80's and newer are sadly lacking. Like that photo at the ferry. The structures are looking good.

Garry - Those FT units look good.

Willie - I see you're on another project. Nice photos.

Guess I should post some kind of photo, so here it is. This is what smoke from a steam engine should look like, not like a cigarette in an ash tray.

a2522786ac80d407262e98769d3174c9.jpg

Later

Afternoon All,

Dropped off the family members at the cruise ship this morning. We're watching the grandkids through the weekend until they go back to school on Monday.

Joe- Interesting photo. Nice layout shot.

Garry- Hope your mouth feels better. Great looking ABBA set. Safe travels and have fun.

Louis- Nice train for the tree. I wonder what the loads are on the flat cars. Neat photo of the small steamer departing through the arch.

Willie- Nice scratch build.

Chet- Nice scenic shot.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Willie- I think you might reconsider the name as I suggested.
Just think of the advertising revenue you could receive from Mattress Mack!
I know, it is your layout and you will name it as you desire, as you should.

Good morning Everybody!

It's 53 with 90% humidity under clear skies in southeast Baltimore.

As Willie pointed out by "needling" me about too much caffeine, it's easy to see when I'm feeling good. (Willie, I would have loved to sit in a baseball dugout with you, that would have been fun. Add Sherrel to the mix and we might have become notorious!) :) I give the credit for my quick recovery to God and Amazon. I don't like to exercise or any kind of tanning for that matter. I never have, even when I played semi-pro ball I did not like it and avoided it as much as possible. I have always been motivated to win or do a good job! Amazon gives me the opportunity to work when I feel up to it and it's easy, but keeps me active. Yesterday afternoon was a perfect example. I had 15 stops and 3.5 hours to get them done. best of all I was never more than 30 minutes from home. Unlike the day before when I ended my route inside the DC Beltway (I495/I95) at 5 pm, an hour and 15 minutes from home, in heavy traffic! Not every ride can be on the gravy train. I'm more than happy to take the good with the bad, thank God.

Like I always say "Everyday is a good day, some are just better than others."

Have a great day Everybody and stay active if you can.
Louis- that’s why(when I lived in South Jersey) anytime I was taking a trip down south, I wanted to be on the road by 3 am, so that I could be across the Potomac by 6:00.

Put a Trump campaign sign in your yard and maybe the state will move you out, all expenses paid!
Or arrested for sedition! :rolleyes:

I guess that with the new PGE policy, you know if you're in a fire zone by seeing if your lights come on!o_O
CalFire's new early warning system. :rolleyes:

Willie: I'm anxious to see your new project, The tree growing through the hole in the roof and wall will be fabulous.

Notice, no double yellow lines, no crosswalks, and dashed traffic lanes, definately set the era. I've seen so many "transition era" layouts that miss this detail!
Karl: Very true. Good observation.

Curt: Thank you.

Chet: I first tried my hand at resin cars back in the 80s. I still have a 1970 Olds 4-4-2 tat I cleaned up, painted and assembled. It was clear and had a smooth surface which accepted enamel paint well, even though it was applied with a brush. Most of the others, didn't fare as well, or were never attempted. Just out of curiosity, what sort of adhesive should one use, ACC? I spent a lot of time on Klein's site last night shopping for people, vehicles, signs etc. Did not find all that much, but I did buy an Emergency 1, 75' aerial ladder, vintage 2005. Way too modern, but most likely looks similar to one of their products from the 70s. If not, I can probably re-cab it using the Athearn Ford Custom cab with jump seats.

Some very realistic structures there.
Sherrel: Thank you. Trying to capture the old neighborhood. Wish we had camera phones back then, eh?

Louis: Great photos. Really like the Greenmount at 32nd. photo.

Garry: Thank you. Y'all have a safe trip.

Boris

Good morning ...

Louis .... I remember when TV's looks like that. I also remember Howdy Doody, Roy Rogers, Mickey Mouse Club, etc.. Thanks for your comment about dental work. I'll have more of that after out trip to AZ.

I love those old TVs. When I studied for my FCC license I also took a course in TV and Radio repair. I've repaired many of those old TVs. I've always been fascinated by TVs and Radios, but until recently I did not watch much TV.

The couple that raised me were born in 1898 and 1899, respectively. We listened to the radio more than watched TV. We did watch shows at night, on a black and white TV. I had to be inside when the streetlights came on, otherwise I was outside playing ball or exploring the swamps of southeastern Baltimore county. Except on rainy days, I was not allowed out and I spent those playing with my baseball cards or reading, usually reading about baseball. And complain about being inside when it rained, "but the other kids are outside" to no avail. I would only hear "if they all jump off the Brooklyn bridge are you going with them?"

I did not own a TV until 1982 when I bought my first color TV to watch the World Series.

I did enjoy watching sports, Looney Tunes, Three Stooges, Abbot and Costello, John Wayne, Westerns, monster movies and some other things when I did watch TV.

I'm making up for lost time now, I probably watch to much TV!

Godspeed on your journey.

Louis- Nice train for the tree. I wonder what the loads are on the flat cars. Neat photo of the small steamer departing through the arch.

Curt, Thank you, God willing I will use my Lionel ZW-L and Legacy system to run the Christmas Zephyr this year. I hope to have more than one Christmas train. If all goes well I will post some pictures shortly after Thanksgiving.

I have no idea what those loads were, I was hoping somebody could fill in the blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back