Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chet -Please bore me with some more diner pictures!
I have a soft spot for diners and try to eat at many different ones when I travel.
The south has very few diners, but loads of BBQ joints.

I am also a die hard fan of diners but there are none out here. When we did get to the east coast, we were always on the look out for them as they almost always had the best food in the area.

Joe - Like the cafe kit bash. nice work. Do you still have it to put it on your current layout?
Chet: The photo is from the current layout. I started it two layouts ago, and put it aside. Ultimately, it sat in a box for a long time. I found the unfinished first floor while looking for something else, and almost tossed it, but found a whole tray of usable parts. I'm going to build a townhouse for the adjacent space. That will resemble the "Sun Hotel", a structure that in reality contained multiple apartments.

Boris

I know the feeling. That cafe has a lot of possibilities. I have a number of kits, some partially built that were sitting around for years before I finally got the time to complete them and had to room to put them on the layout. Now I have a number of unbuilt kits and no place to put them as I have run out of room on the layout for any more structures.

Good morning Everybody!

It's 56 with 69% humidity under mostly cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore.

My wedding ring fell off, again and I have yet to find it. This is the third time this has happened to me. If fit tightly when I got it, but that was when my hands were much stronger. I never had it resized because arthritis makes my hands swell in the mornings and it fit. When my swelling goes down it can fall off.

My beagles felt sorry for me, Sophie normally barks at me in the morning until I feed her. Today she did not bark. She came and sat at my feet leaning into me and looking up at me in what i perceived to be a sympathetic look. She then put her front paws up as she does when she wants me to hold her. I picked her up and she snuggled up against me, what a sweet heart. Tucker has followed my every step as if he were trying to help me find my ring. As my Nanny would say "count your blessings, not your problems" and I am truly blessed.

On a brighter note, the Nationals and the Cardinals won. I can't wait to see what happens tonight in Houston! My condolences to the Dodgers and Braves fans. I know all to well how disappointing it is for the fans when our teams lose in the playoffs.
Louis- I’d be heartbroken if I couldn’t find my wedding band, as it was my dad’s before me. When MBH & I got engaged, Mom offered us their wedding bands. The wife’s engagement ring belonged to her great grandmother(her sister has GGM’s band). We had our bands engraved with our & my parents’ anniversaries. Unless you look closely at her rings, you would have a hard time telling that one is from the 60’s & the other is from the Depression-era.
Dem Bums!:mad: But, wait 'till next year!

Joe- after the Kike’ ‘s home run, the Dodgers only managed 2 hits the rest of the game. IMO, they mailed it in because they thought they had it locked up(with how dominant Walker was pitching). That loss was not all of Kersh or Kelly. Just like if they had won, it would not have been solely due to Walker & Max. 25 guys to win; same to lose. #waittilnextyear

I found my Ring! It was in the bed, I searched for it three times, but missed it the first two.
Louis- glad to “hear” you found it.
Chet- stifle that that about single digits. Supposed to be around/below freezing for the overnight low Sat AM over here. Diners, scrapple & pork roll are a few of the things I miss being here in the Upper Midwest. Tolls & traffic somehow failed to make the list.
Willie-
knock off that talk about that S word!! :mad:

Thanks for thinking of me concerning my ring. My, "you know what" was in the dirt. I know it's just jewelry, but that ring means a lot to me. I told you guys once that I have only cried 3-4 times in my life. Losing that ring the first time was one of those times. Losing the ring the second and now the third time was easier to take, but still hurt me deeply.

This is one reason why I don't wear jewelry, except for my wedding ring. Two things can happen to jewelry; it gets broken or you lose it. Not to mention, I don't like jewelry, except for this ring. That reminds me, my ex-wife often gave me jewelry. Big gold and diamond crap, even a big gold eagle necklace, I never liked or wore any of it.

I did wear a watch when I was coaching baseball. It's important to keep on schedule at practice and to start the games on time.

While I'm at thanks for always being their for me to whine to when needed. I don't complain to my wife, my family or anyone else, but you guys are always there for me. I know I can piss you off sometimes, but I also know you guys are always there for me when I need you, God Bless you all!

MikeInHubCity

Chet- stifle that that about single digits. Supposed to be around/below freezing for the overnight low Sat AM over here. Diners, scrapple & pork roll are a few of the things I miss being here in the Upper Midwest. Tolls & traffic somehow failed to make the list.

51400240_1115085045337224_7751569332441710592_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mike, my ring has no special provenance like yours. That is fantastic by the way. But my ring means very much to me. After the debacle that was my first marriage I thought I would never get married again. That is until I found my Angel and she gave me that ring. I went through many young women between marriages, but as soon as I met my Angel I knew I had found the love of my life.

Chet, I don't normally complain about the cold, but I draw the line at single digits, that is cold!

As far as those deep snows go, you can keep that! My son bought me a snow blower last Christmas, luckily I did not need to use it, but sooner or later it will come in handy.

Stay warm and safe my friend.

Chet, I don't normally complain about the cold, but I draw the line at single digits, that is cold!

As far as those deep snows go, you can keep that! My son bought me a snow blower last Christmas, luckily I did not need to use it, but sooner or later it will come in handy.

Stay warm and safe my friend.
Louis- digits may sound “cold”(in mid-October, perhaps). In a couple months, for those of us on the Northern Tier, that will sound like a heatwave(when it’s cold enough that the USPS(& other delivery companies) shut down for multiple days.

Good afternoon all.
Weather here still a little to warm, low 90's for highs. Single digits I is not that I have in mind for cooler temps.
I would love to find that variety to old vehicles in N scale.
Go Astros

Joe- after the Kike’ ‘s home run, the Dodgers only managed 2 hits the rest of the game. IMO, they mailed it in because they thought they had it locked up(with how dominant Walker was pitching). That loss was not all of Kersh or Kelly. Just like if they had won, it would not have been solely due to Walker & Max. 25 guys to win; same to lose. #waittilnextyear

Mike: Quite honestly, I assumed that Washington would roll over and give the game to da Bums. Since I cut the cord, I don't get the cable sports networks that exclusively cover the playoffs. i was surprised when I looked at my phone this morning and realized that the Nats were going to the NLCS. At this point, it's anyone's series, so instead of a long distance subway series, we might have an Acela Series.

Concerning your Taylor Ham deprivation, check out https://jerseyporkroll.com/ I know nothing about them, but they offer everything but Italian Hot Dogs :rolleyes:. Might be worth the look, who knows. Around here Walmart sells Habersett Scrapple, which, BTW, is no longer made in Delaware County, PA, but in Bridgeville, DE. Of course, Taylor Ham is a local staple along with Sabret Hot Dogs.

Boris

Time for my Grande entrance! It is a very pleasant 79* just now with the record low being 45* in 2007 and the record high being 100* IN 1999. FLO, please, a tall glass of iced tea and a ham sandwich will do just fine, ok, a small slice of apple pie would top it off!

Been busy populating the new fridge this morning. The Spousal Unit missed both games yesterday returning from one of her orientation meetings and two DR appointments where she received another shot in her bad knee. The DR. said that if it did not work after 3-4 days to call him - there was no charge this time, un-usual?
Then she bolted out of here this morning around 7 AM to go to take care of her Mom for the next 4 days. As soon as I finish this, I am going to take the pups out there for a run-around, but first, I have to take care of a couple of errands in town.

CHET - Your snow picture made me laugh out loud - scared the dogs! I remember those days living in SW Colorado and we usually had our first snows around this time of year; Sorta clears out the flies too! We have lots of flies in the summer due to all the horses around here, but thankfully - NO skeeters at all! Looks like you got the tires switched just in time and your timing on the auction was phenomenal!

LOUIS - Living in KC one time, In a raging fit back in the '70s, I took off my wedding ring and threw it out the door - it was about this time of year. Well, we sort of made up and one day in the spring as I was mowing the yard to rid of leaves (big yard lots of trees) I heard a clang, clang of the riding mower - I stopped, tilted it up on one side, and there was the ring that I had tossed some 6 months before. I still have that ring, just not that wife, but we stayed hitched for another 11 years. I don't wear a ring, or any sort of jewelry anymore - current wife gave me a ring when we hitched, but I caught my finger in a gearbox and the ring was almost crushed, but I figure that it saved my finger. Since then I have not even worn my watch when around anything mechanical. Kind of a shame because I have a nice diamond ring from my father; it's too loose for my fingers nowdays and I don't know what to do with it? If I pass it along to my son, I feel that he will sell it to buy another AR-15 or another set of 6-shooters. He only has 7-8 AR's of all different calibers - he bought one and built the rest.
I got lost on this - Glad you found your ring - Some things are just important to us!

Sherrel, I remember living there, I would know when I passed Norco on the interstate. I would be able to smell the dairy farms even with the windows rolled up and the a/c on.

Afternoon All,

Did a few chores this morning then drove out to visit my parents. Tomorrow I have pool chores to do.

Thank you Chet, Joe, TrucTrain, Garry and anyone I may of missed for your kind words.

Chet- You can have the white stuff.

Joe- Nice looking cafe kitbash.

TrucTrain- Nice layout pictures and a lot of neat vehicles.

Louis- ASA=Aspirin (EMS abbreviation). Neat video.

Johnny- You did a nice job on the improved siding.

Garry- Nice scene.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sherrel, I remember living there, I would know when I passed Norco on the interstate. I would be able to smell the dairy farms even with the windows rolled up and the a/c on.
Terry- when the wind is coming from the right/wrong direction, we can smell the “dairy air” with our apartment windows/patio doors closed. Weber’s Dairy Farm is about 1/4- 1/3 mile ATCF away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back