Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chet. Thanks for the complement and yes those hand rails can be tricky. Great job on them.

Boris. Thanks for the complement got this old Penn Line on eBay with a huge lot of F’s units about 10 years ago. It was molded in a gray off-white marble color never seen anything mold like it before the shell reminds me of an old Athearn

Greg. The Soo looks great I seen one about 3 years ago at the CSX looked just like yours all weathered

Texas Hobo. Welcome Aboard! These guys are the greatest here. Keep those pics coming we love pics

Willie. Great progress on the building I thought when you got old you lost the hair on your legs my is slowly vanishing and I’m only 50 years old what’s the deal Willie

Last edited:
Took this yesterday morning in north St.Louis. The Patriot Railroad was switching
E81E1366-3167-430B-93CE-D45A08390C01.jpeg

do realize, that's why I said what I said. :) Love is the driving force behind most good deeds.
Give your daughter a hug for me and tell her I said thank you. She has our future in her hands. And thank you for raising such a wonderful person.
Bruette- she accepts your hug gladly and sends one back to you for your compassion.

I agree that many modelers will share their love of trains with anyone that will stand still long enough to listen.
I am guilty, too.

Good Morning All. 62° and clear here this morning. High yesterday only reached 78°, back to normal today and tomorrow with 90°. They're now predicting 37° for Friday night. Must be the weather that Chet is getting tonight. At least we won't be seeing single digits.
Mexican omelet for me this morning Flo.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday for the background building; Louis, Chad, Jerome, Lee, Joe, Chet, Tom.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I finished up weathering the rest of those Athearn covered hoppers, but only one picture came out as postable; sorry, no legs in this one.
10-09-19 002.JPG

Over on the layout, I added some more ground foam to some bare areas here and there. Just filling in some blank spots. I am kinda at a lull right now, I don't feel like building anything, I don't feel like weathering anything else, I don't feel like doing scenery right now, and I don't feel like starting another project area yet. I am not even in the mood to finish the one that I am currently still working on. I haven't run out of other things to do yet either, there's several hundred figures waiting for paint, at least three dozen ground throws waiting to be installed, have to kickstart the underdeck lighting at some point and freshen up some original areas of the layout. Phew! I guess that I'll just run trains, which I did for about an hour yesterday. :)

Joe - Good news from the doc. I always consider it good when they want to see me again! A year from now.
Greg - Continued best wishes on your rehab and recovery.
Lee -
Willie. Great progress on the building I thought when you got old you lost the hair on your legs my is slowly vanishing and I’m only 50 years old what’s the deal Willie
It's all of the protein from my red meat and beer diet!

I guess that folks are running out of commemorative days. Today is National Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work Day!

Where is everyone else today, I am not usually first in the Coffee Shop?
Everybody have a great day.

Good morning everyone. 47 and clear here. Nice day in store, but that ends tonight. Fall / winter will be paying us a visit.

Cambria Area, Chet, Boris, Lee, Sherrel, Wheeler, CCoffran, Chad, Louis, and Willy, and anyone I may have missed - as always, thanks for the likes and comments on my post of the steamer yesterday. And thanks for the well-wishes on my wife's birthday.
Lee - Those are good looking photos from your layout. How big is your layout, and what do you model (location and era)?
Chet - Glad you had a good and profitable time at the car sale, and a safe trip home.
Willy - What can I say - all the (in)appropriate comments have already been made!!

Not much to report from the train room or the modelling bench. Been out in the wood shop finishing the items I'll offer in the upcoming craft fair. I'll post a photo of that later this month. Did a little more landscaping on the lumber company site. Almost finished. Will post a photo later this week. Ran trains just for a few minutes - need more time, more time!!

In the meantime, here's a photo of one of the structures I'm most proud of - the train station at Pine Valley. The passengers are looking down the track to watch the train come in.
Passenger station close-up.jpg

That's it for today. Have a good day everyone.

Morning. 55 and partly cloudy this morning here. It's supposed to be around 70 today so I rode the CBR500R to work. Might be the last ride of the season, Saturday is forecast to have a high of 39 with rain and some snow. And I have to spend all day outside on Saturday. Bleh.

Good morning. 27degrees with light snow. Did not get any where as much snow that was forecasted. Was supposed to get 6 to 8 inches but as of now only a little over an inch. More is in the forecast for today. Single digit temps for tonight.

Greg
- Nice photo. corners can be a pain to work with but you made excellent use of the space.

Chad - Those wrecks on the autobahn can be bad depending on the speeds in the area of the accident. My last duty station was on the USS Little Rock, flag ship for the 6th fleet home ported in Gaeta, Italy. From there I traveled quite extensively. Did a lot by train until my BMW was ready. I had a cousin who worked for BMW and ordered a Bavaria. This was in 1970. The car was ordered to American specs and my cousin drove it until I could get up to Munich to pick it up. Managed to get enough miles on it so when I brought it back to the states I only paid duty on a used car. Not many people knew what BMWs were back then. They were not yuppymobiles back then.

Beady - Cool photo of the recruits. Willie had to be somewhere in there.

Lee - Nice switching photos. Also like the layout photos. You should post more of them.

Willie - Can't get over how nice the weathering is on the hopper. Sweet.

Johnny - That station really looks good. busy place.

With the outdoor scenery being white, I think a visit to the train room is in order for today.

May as well post a layout photo.

20180211_132140.jpg

Later

Last edited:
Willie. Those hoppers look great! And thanks for the insight

Johnny. I try to stay around 1962-65 era but sometimes I flip to modern also. Thanks for the complement

Chet. Thanks for the complement and I’ll try to get more pics it just a 6X8 right now

Cold morning 36 degrees sorry no updates. Have a great day everyone

Howdy ...... Not much model railroading to report ...... Doing other stuff..... We were in Nashville Today afternoon and evening. .... Yesterday, I took the boat out of the water for the winter. The boat has been winterized, and I'm getting it ready for storage.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back