Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Starting off at 36degrees, the first night that we did not drop below freezing in a few days.

Ray - Really liked that video. I have seen a number of his videos, but not that one. The detail is just incredible.

Chad - Enjoyed your wife's reaction to the long trains we run here. There is a lot of rail fanning that can be done along I-80. We found out that the visitors to our club also seem to prefer to see extremely long trains running.

IBKen - You sure had Murphy swoop down and screw things up. I really hope that your wife can get relief using oral means instead of surgery. Prayers for your son and neighbor.

Patrick
- You were lucky to find what you needed at Micheal's. We have one here locally but they really have very little of what I need at the stage I am on my layout. We were supposed to get a Hobby Lobby, but they have stopped construction on the store they started because they can't find any help. They need 60 people and only had one applicant.

Johnny - Another interesting photo. A lot of opportunity with all of that space. We don't have as much wildlife here as we used to because of all of the new homes that went up in reecent years. My neighbor had a problem with bears getting into his trash. He thought he protected it enough, but that wasn't the case. Spent an afternoon over there building a bear proof enclosure for the trash. Fish and Wildlife did manage to trap the bear and moved him south towards Yellowstone Park. We do have a few rabbits living under out juniper bushes. Thought it was just one, but this spring we noticed another smaller rabbit in the yard and apparently they must have made a little bunny as now we have three. When the ground is covered with snow, I do put rabbit food out for them.

Willie - Like that long shot of the town. These towns sure will add a lot of interest to the layout. So far as those air reservoirs I have run across a few laying around. I don't care very much about under frame details as I usually keep my trains right side up.

I hope Terry or someone else can help me figure out how to MU my locomotives together.

When it comes to photos, I have found numerous times that there could be a more interesting photo inside a photo. Here is an example.

thumbnail_20191012_125857.jpg Then zoom in a bit.

thumbnail_20191014_050800.jpg

Later

I hope Terry or someone else can help me figure out how to MU my locomotives together.
I had a look at instructions on-line, but need more reading to understand their methods. Reminds me of why I went NCE for it's easier Advanced method. Having said that though, only a couple that use the same cabs at the club, have gotten themselves to use it.

[QUOTE="montanan, post: 465002, member:]

Again, if someone can help me figure out how to get these units MUed together using Digitrax please let me know.[/QUOTE]

Ken, there has been some new (?) research that indicates migraines can be caused by, and made much worse by, caffeine. If he is constantly chugging coffee or energy drinks to keep going, they could be making the problem worse. I know if I drink a cup of coffee while suffering from a migraine, it makes it more intense, and last longer. Not trying to tell you to tell him what to do, but I am sharing what I've learned. Cutting back on coffee, sodas with caffeine, and energy drinks may or may not help, but at least it won't hurt anything.

IB Ken and Terry:
This
remedy may, or not help the migraine ... but it will make you feel better!

Morning OJ.jpg

[QUOTE="montanan, post: 465002, member:]

Again, if someone can help me figure out how to get these units MUed together using Digitrax please let me know.
[/QUOTE]
Right throttle, left throttle? What is this sorcery you speak of. Can't help you there pal, I do everything and anything I want with my NCE system
1 throrrle. all the functions, in plain language.

montanan : Micheal's rarely has a lot for the railroad stuff, but Hobby Lobby is usually a little better with the scenic supplies (but not always).
Micheal's was closer (until they closed the old store and opened the new one) and usually had a good supply of wood for making model buildings, etc.

Chet, enter the lead engine on the right throttle, pushing the knob to change direction. Then add the trailing units using the left throttle, pushing the knob to change direction. The difference between the real world way of MUing and the way Digitrax tells you, is you enter the direction the engine is FACING, not the direction it will be going.

Howdy.

Karl ... Good to see your trip
Is having a good beginning . That looks like Sedona. Very pretty country.

Johnny ... I’m glad you like my NYC Hudson picture.

Ken .... Prayers for your wife, your son, and you friend. Also, I hope you are doing well as you recover from your surgery.

speaking of health issues.... We are very concerned about our brother-in-law in Nashville. Tomorrow, he will have surgery to replace a heart valve. The operation is expected to take six ...

Good Morning Everyone....sunny but cool here in this part of Wisconsin.

Had my Birthday party up at the cabin over the weekend. The party was in a log constructed bar and grill and held in the lower level which is called the Rattle Snake River - Whiskey and Wine Saloon. We had about 75 people and the band was the hit of the event. The band leader is one of the top guitar players in the nation and his group was once the opening act for Santana and he played with REO and Boston to name a few. He is semi-retired and plays weekends with friends. Or, maybe the beer was the hit and the group went through a half barrel of the local favorite brew along with wine and soda. (Soda?) Not bad for a bunch of old folks.

My Milwaukee, Racine & Troy (MR&T) limited run box car arrived. The box car is by Accurrail was offered through Kalmbach Publishing Company and is typical of box cars carrying the MR&T name and logo running on the (MR&T) model railroad located in the Kalmbach's Waukesha, Wisconsin headquarters. Several years ago my model railroad group toured this large layout and was hosted and guided by Jim Hediger from Model Railroader. We also saw many of Model Railroader's project layouts on our two and half hour tour. I liked the Beer Line as the best project layout and living close to Milwaukee to remember the Beer Line and recalling the Beer Line's many structures that were once served by the Milwaukee Road in this industrial area.

Chet: Great shot of the RDC diesel rail car. They sure are smooth runners. The close up shot of the RDC up is amazing.

Chet BTW, rabbits taste like fried chicken. They do so much damage here in Wisconsin over the winter eating the bushes and shrubs and the gardens in summer. With deep snow the rabbit damage gets worst. The are cute when small, but can be very destructive when mature.

Willie: You have a lot of patients to inspect 350 pieces of rolling stock to find to which piece the air tank dropped off from.

I like my Digitrax throttles and use the Digitrax #402 model (like the shot Chet posted of a Digitax throttle) and like the #402 the best out of the six Digitrax throttles I own. Once they are mastered the #402's are great to use. On my single main I run two trains using one #402 throttle.

This is all to report............

Greg

###################################

1571071821588.png

Chet - I MU engines all the time with digit traxx,it's easy once you do it a few times.

It was so fast that I missed what the guy did. I left the original F-7 A and B units assigned to their road number but re programmed the new A unit to a different number. As I mentioned, the original A and B units were entered on the right throttle and the additional A unit to the left throttle. The guy had the additional A unit running and got it to run in reverse along with the A and B units. He then MUed them together. This is what I have to find out how to do. It can't be too complicated because it only took seconds to do.

Happy Columbus Day!

[QUOTE="montanan, post: 465060, member: 4041"]We don't have as much wildlife here as we used to because of all of the new homes that went up in reecent years. My neighbor had a problem with bears getting into his trash. He thought he protected it enough, but that wasn't the case. Spent an afternoon over there building a bear proof enclosure for the trash. Fish and Wildlife did manage to trap the bear and moved him south towards Yellowstone Park.[/QUOTE]
Chet: As over developed as this part of Jersey is, we get nightly visits from white tail deer, rabbits, squirrels, (no Moose though), and an occasional wayward black bear. Animal Control took care of the skunks, and the Red foxes left a while ago. New pest is the occasional coyote,(Possibly shopping at the ACME?). We also have numerous birds of prey, as Bald Eagles, and Red Tailed Hawks thrive here, along with the clean-up crew, (Turkey Buzzards and Crows). At least you have sufficient open space, to which the critters can retreat to.
Sorry, I really can't help you with Digitrax systems, have you tried to contact Digitrax directly?
I really like the Enlarged photo of the RDC at the Revell Station. It looks like the HO people are actually scurrying to board the train. Great shot!

Johnny: Like what you are doing. the rock ridge becomes a foreground view block, and using multiple Atlas Lumber sheds is very effective.

Karl: Enjoy your trip. The scenery out there is fantastic, and they mean it with the warnings about the scorpions and snakes.

Willie: I like the panorama view of the town of Vernon. Nice work.

Today, turned into a nice fall day, with temperatures in the low 70s and brilliant sunlight. It's supposed to cool down over night. Most schools are closed, and the nice weather is bringing folks out. Unfortunately, the nice weather also brought out some really bad drivers. But then again, Highway 9 is Thunder Road.

Boris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back