Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a check in. Really enjoying the photos y'all are sharing. I do hope everyone is doing well. We are in the last grips of heat. I suppose the mosquitos know it too. I was getting ate up with them last night in the shop here at work. I'm just waiting on the good first frost to come. Take care of those blood sucking vampires. Nothing else new to report. Just living day to day. I'll touch base again hopefully soon. We will see.

Good morning ...

Willie .... Your downtown buildings are great.

Louis .... Nice photo of WM 833.

Sherrel ..... Frisco 1510 looks great.

Lee ..... Your funeral home is very nice.

Here is my oldest HO locomotive. My Dad was in Japan in the late 1950's and he brought home this Tenshodo 4-6-4 when I was a teenager.

35439145600_928ced9815_b.jpg

Sherrel, try not to worry about the minor "ding". I know that is easier said than done, but in the grand scheme it's no big deal "stuff happens"

I'm proud of you for owning up to your mistake, good man, we all make them.

Several years ago my wife had a lady nail her in the rear of our Honda, she swore it was my wife's fault and even called the police! I would have told the lady not to worry about it, the Honda was old and we were trading it in anyway. But she wanted to be a ignorant, I can do ignorant. I got the money for repairs to the old Honda, never bothered to get it fixed and still got the $1000 for the trade-in I had previously agree to before the accident.

Gas was $2.19/gal,
Willie: Locally regular is 2.39.9/gal, cheaper closer to the coast, but 2.29.9/gal at Costco. I have a few of the old Magnuson Kits to fit in and assemble.
The Block looks great, BTW.

[QUOTE="Raincoat2, post: 464871, member: 5708"]Well, MOH and I went to our second (and final) retirement class last night, hosted at Missouri State U here in Springfield. Good information, some of which we already knew, some we didn't. Helping us plan our future.[/QUOTE]
Johnny: Just keep in mind that no matter how well you plan, things happen that will upset your apple cart. I retired in 2008, shortly before the "Markets" tanked...In retrospect, my plan actually worked, but I should have waited 3½ years until the wife was at full retirement age. if I had done that, The plan would have worked better. My advice is allow for the unexpected.

Boris

Good afternoon. No single digits last night as it was 12 degrees at 0500.

Checking in late as I had to get an early (for me) start to town. Had a check up appointment for my shoulder and while i was in town, went and visited the vampire for a blood draw for next weeks annual physical. While in town, I met with a few friends for a late breakfast. On the way home stopped by the company my daughter works for and picked up a bag of chocolate caramels.

Going to have to watch what I eat. I stopped smoking a few months ago after over 50 years of puffing and put on a few pounds. Notice how hard it was to button my drawers a few weeks ago. Have lost a few pounds but should lose some more.

Louis - You sure come up with some really interesting photos. I really like the Lombard Street photo. Keep them coming.

Justin
- You also posted a few winners also.

Garry - Like that Pacific. Sure is in good shape for its age. How does it run?

Sherrel
- That is one really nice photo of the Frisco steamer. Looks like it's moving right along. Hope you aren't affected by the LA fires.

Lee
- Good layout photos.

Willie
- Like the city street photos.

The dog was just barking like crazy so I went to see if there was really a reason for it. There was. Had this muke deer doe in the yard probably looking for nay apples that were left on the tree.

thumbnail_20191010_151218.jpg

The snow is melting off and the forecast is for clear skies and warmer weather so I will try to get over to the club in Livingston tomorrow.

Later

Willie- nothing is wrong with BBQ places! But I enjoy the variety of foods in diners, too.
In my closest little town there are 7 great BBQ places for pork and one other that has the best chicken BBQ sandwich in town.
I have to keep a quality check on a least one place every week.

Afternoon All,

Did some pool chores earlier. I decided to bite the bullet today and started overhauling the wood platforms one at the time. I have 3 approx. 10" long at the diesel facility and 3 that are probably at least 24" long at the container yard. It will be mind numbingly tedious but it needs done. I saved the underframe after cutting off the top. I then added a thin layer of styrene (For Sale Sign) for a new top base. I painted the frame and top styrene MM aged concrete. The idea is the boards are attached to concrete instead of wood. The old wooden planks were 18" wide (scale) and the new ones are NESL 1x6 strip wood. Lastly I gave the new cut planks (1.25" long) a Hunterline Creosote stain and set them aside to dry.

TrucTrain- Nice looking house.

Willie- Nice scenes.

Sherrel- Isn't that the way it always is?

Garry- Nice looking 4-6-4 and bakery (I think) in the background.

Justin- Nice motive power photos.

Louis- I like your historical city photos.

20191011_125740.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon all. Well the promised cold front passed through about noon. Temps dropped about 15 degrees in 30 minutes.
Sirfoldalot told me the diner had a wide variety of topics. Who would have thought you would find a ring in the snow in a meadow muffin by a diner across from a baseball game while a smelly train passes. Seriously, I truly enjoy reading the wide array of topics. I tried to upload a few pics to media but they don't appear to have made it. I may need a little help with media and album.

Quick note as I am trying to finalize a few things that my tax accountant is looking for plus another few "honey do's - going to have to hurry up in order to get to watch the BB game tonight. Shhh .. pulling for Washington, but MUM's the word!

LOUIS - That is a GREAT photo of the WM 2-8-0 - so clear! A "chunky-husky" built loco and I love the 12 wheel tender.

JUSTIN - Sharp clear photos as well - really nice ... we have got to get you to put the date and location on your Pic?

Garry - Is that a feedwater heater I see on that Hudson? Always liked that feature - seems Frisco didn't?
That's a pretty pic too!

CHET .. Your photos have been outstanding as well. Beautiful deer, must be nice to live where you can see things like that! Most all I get to see is a coyote - Did I mention how much I hate coyotes? People are always losing small dogs and cats to them - someone a while back had one come through her dog door after her small dog.

Willie .. Joe .. Johnny .. EVERYONE! aLL GREAT PHOTOS TOO! Gotta Jump! Later Gator ... OH BTW ...
Peddling JOE, HOBO, yeah, you TEX!
I forget, maybe someone can fill you in -- There is a waiting period before your posted photos will show up - I think they are on hold for a few days - something to do with "spamming", I think?

Good evening ...

Tom ..... I think most Coffee Shop Patrons are early-to-bed guys.

Chet .... Thanks for commenting on the old 4-6-4. It is a Hudson. A Pacific is a 4-6-2. .... It runs okay for an old brass locomotive. ... Dad gave it to me when I was too young for such a good model. I had a crude HO layout in the basement of our house in Illinois. The 4-6-4 went over the edge of the layout and onto the floor more than once. I put its pieces in the wood box it came in, and I kept it for many yours. It was about 10 to 15 years ago when I rebuilt it. I purchased replacement parts incudling trucks for the tender. I stopped the paint and attached parts. Some needed soldering. I painted it and applied decals. ...

Curt .... Thanks for commenting ..... That building is my flour mill. The big bakery is elsewhere on the layout.

Sherrel .... You must have good eyes to notice a feed water heater. The NYC Hudsons had them, but most of the feed water heaters were inside the smokebox. The ends of them protruded and were the only part of them that was visible.

Justin .... The C&O locomotives look good in your old photos.

Louis .... I like the historic photo with the old cars on it.

Everybody ..... Have nice evening.

Willie: Locally regular is 2.39.9/gal, cheaper closer to the coast, but 2.29.9/gal at Costco. I have a few of the old Magnuson Kits to fit in and assemble.
The Block looks great
Boris

Joe- We’re paying $2.699 here in Marshfield. Last Saturday, we were down near Greg’s area in southern WI, visiting my mother in law’s relations & it was $2.409. We paid $2.419 in Columbus on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back