Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis: With Morton being paid 30M over two seasons and which is 25% of the teams salary, I wonder how the lower paid players feel about playing with Morton making more $$$ than the others??? I'm sure many of the other players are making a healthy salary in spite of Morton's cut of the team salary. Imagine the pain to the owners and coaching staff if he gets a throwing arm strain and has to sit out games?

That VW Micro-Bus in the photo you posted is likely worth 20-30k or more in its current condition to a collector today to restore. A fun vehicle to drive back in the hippie days of Woodstock.
Greg, that disparity can be found on all baseball teams, but I don't feel sorry for them with the minimum salary of $550,000 nobody should have trouble paying their bills. Like anything, you have to pay your dues to earn top pay. I think most players understand that.

When I was 11 my basketball coach had a VW bus. I hated it, I was already 6'1" and I felt like a sardine packed into that little thing.

Louis- I usually take a combo of ASA and Ibuprofen before hand and I usually don't get sick from the shot. Like the 1:1 photos.

Curt, forgive my ignorance, but what is ASA?

I've never gotten sick from a vaccine, other than some minor aches and pains.

Good morning everyone. 66 and partly cloudy. Forecast for thunderstorms on and off all day. Saturday morning the bottom falls out, hitting 32 for the first time since last winter.

Louis, CambriaArea, Boris, Greg, Sherrel, Wheeler, Chad, Garry, Lee, Chessie, Chet, Mikey, Curt, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my train station.
Chet - that snow sure looks "purdy." You can keep it there, though.
Lee - Nice photos. I always like seeing NYC on things ;)

Tonight MOH and I have the second and last class on retirement. Won't get home until late, so no trains tonight. :(

From the Train Room - Finished the landscaping on the lumber company area and started some train activity there (see photos below). Still need to do some ballasting, as you can see, but that's another project for another time. So, for this area of the layout, I'm going to stick a fork in it and call it done.

Here are the final photos of that area: I've got the landscaping pretty much how I want it, and put the outline of a gravel road into the area. Backed my Heavy Mikado into the new spur. Ran that steamer for a while last night and it was giving me fits, starting and stopping. Cleaned the wheels, still ran rugged. Finally a rubber traction ring came off one of the drive wheels. Will have to get that back on this weekend.

LumberFinal1.jpg
LumberFinal2.jpg
LumberFinal3.jpg

That's it for now. Have a good day everyone.

Good morning Everybody!

It's 56 with 69% humidity under mostly cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore.

My wedding ring fell off, again and I have yet to find it. This is the third time this has happened to me. If fit tightly when I got it, but that was when my hands were much stronger. I never had it resized because arthritis makes my hands swell in the mornings and it fit. When my swelling goes down it can fall off.

My beagles felt sorry for me, Sophie normally barks at me in the morning until I feed her. Today she did not bark. She came and sat at my feet leaning into me and looking up at me in what i perceived to be a sympathetic look. She then put her front paws up as she does when she wants me to hold her. I picked her up and she snuggled up against me, what a sweet heart. Tucker has followed my every step as if he were trying to help me find my ring. As my Nanny would say "count your blessings, not your problems" and I am truly blessed.

On a brighter note, the Nationals and the Cardinals won. I can't wait to see what happens tonight in Houston! My condolences to the Dodgers and Braves fans. I know all to well how disappointing it is for the fans when our teams lose in the playoffs.

Good morning y'all. 55° and sunny, although the forecast is calling for rain and clouds all day. Go figure!
Johnny, Louis, Jerome, Sherrel, Lee, Garry, Willie, Chad, Chet and Tom, plus anyone I missed. My thanks for all the Likes/comments on my cafe.
Johnny: That is a nice job on the Lumber Mill scene. It really looks great.
Lee: Man, you nailed the Truck train terminal scene. Also like the May Bros. Express and the Mack "B".

Not much planned for today, I'm on a roll with assembling structures, so I will probably continue working on the structure projects.

Boris

Howdy .... Coffee and a donut please.

Louis ..... I hope you find your ring ! .... I like the old photo of an interurban electric approaching a small shelter.

Curt ..... I like the Truck Train flat cars.

Chet .... Are you dreaming of a white Halloween this year ?

Boris .... Your cafe looks excellent. Are they serving coffee this morning ? .... (You posted as I typed this)

Johnny ....... Your forest Lumber Company looks great !

Lee ..... I like all your truck models ..... The green May Bros. looks especially interesting. Feel free to tell about it.

Some of my trucks and cars are in this picture.

35941311194_5d26c2d41f_b.jpg

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 75°. Rather humid from a minor thunderstorm that passed by around 5:00 am this morning. Lots of noise but less than .1". Expecting big late afternoon thunderstorm and a 45° drop in temperature, down to 45° overnight. At least it's not snow like the Great Plains states are expecting. Today is the weekly grocery/beer trek, gotta stock up before the big chill coming tonight.

Pancakes and bacon today Flo. Lots of maple syrup to douse them with.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday regarding the weathered hopper; Johnny, Justin, Chet, Lee, Garry, Chad, Jerome, Sherrel, Joe, Tom, Louis.

Out in the train shed yesterday, I only ran trains and did some general housekeeping. No pictures today as I left the camera outside and I have stuff to do inside before I head to town.

Johnny -
Willy - What can I say - all the (in)appropriate comments have already been made!!
That's OK, you got to see them in person!;)
Sherrel - I guess that you could use the altimeter to see how far you move during earthquakes.
Joe - Nice work on the cafe.
Chet - Great pictures as usual, except the driveway!

Everybody have a great day.

Mikey. Thanks for the complement and likes

Boris. Thanks I love the POR TrucTrain stuff

Johnny. Thanks for the complement I like the NYC as well it’s probably my second favorite. Your layout is looking very nice too great job on the landscaping

Bruette. Thanks I’m glad you like them hope to get some more done in the future

Garry. Thanks for the complement and likes I like your pic and those trucks
Thank you all for your likes and complements I’m really enjoying this thread

Last edited:
Howdy .... Coffee and a donut please.

Louis ..... I hope you find your ring ! .... I like the old photo of an interurban electric approaching a small shelter.

Curt ..... I like the Truck Train flat cars.

Chet .... Are you dreaming of a white Halloween this year ?

Boris .... Your cafe looks excellent. Are they serving coffee this morning ? .... (You posted as I typed this)

Johnny ....... Your forest Lumber Company looks great !

Lee ..... I like all your truck models ..... The green May Bros. looks especially interesting. Feel free to tell about it.

Some of my trucks and cars are in this picture.

35941311194_5d26c2d41f_b.jpg

Garry. Where did you get that Ulrich Mack? I sold one just like that on eBay around 2007-08 I think I use to sell Custom built trucks there I was one of the first to do that back in 2004 then everyone jump on the band wagon then I stopped in 2009. I build over 400 Custom trucks with in that time and have the pics to prove it still. it was a lot of fun till they started under cutting me. Thanks

Good morning. We did not get into single digits last night. It was 12 degrees at 4:30 this morning. Single digits are in store for us tonight.

Louis - Enjoyed your photos as usual. Looks like a cold wait at Marley station. Glad you found your ring.

Sherrel - Can't believe that there is no water shut off for the water line to the fridge. Must be one of the tract houses that they do everything they can to to save a few cents. A water valve can't cost that much. You can always turn the water off to the house if you know where the main water valve is and install in in a few minutes.

Johnny - Nice photos again. The scene is coming together nicely with the additional ground cover and other details.

Joe - Like the cafe kit bash. nice work. Do you still have it to put it on your current layout?

Mikey - Talledega is one of my favorite tracks. When I was living in Florida years ago, we never missed a race there. I will be watching on Sunday.

Garry - I just love your city scene photos. Another winner.

Lee - Great photos. Thanks for posting. I like your vehicle collection. I have been collecting vehicles for the transition era for probably 30 years. Vehicles are one nice way to set the time period of a layout. Mine is set in 1957. I am afflicted with the obsession of finding as many accurate vehicles for the era as I can. Here are a few photos. Wanna buy a Chevy?

thumbnail_20190603_093717.jpg
20181108_141410.jpg

20181108_141308.jpg

20181111_161520.jpg

20181111_161620.jpg

thumbnail_20190113_130823.jpg

thumbnail_20190113_130505.jpg

20181113_080924.jpg

20181111_162643.jpg

20181111_162857.jpg

Guess I'm boring you.

Later

Lee .. 400 trucks ! Wow! ... I had the old Ulrich Mack tractor and trailer kit for many years until I finally put it together a couple of years ago. I shortened the frame on the Mack. ... Thanks for remarking about my picture.

Chet .. I enjoy your scenes and your vehicles. Thanks for commenting on my photo.

Louis... I am happy for you because you found your ring.

Lee .. 400 trucks ! Wow! ... I had the old Ulrich Mack tractor and trailer kit for many years until I finally put it together a couple of years ago. I shortened the frame on the Mack. ... Thanks for remarking about my picture.

Chet .. I enjoy your scenes and your vehicles. Thanks for commenting on my photo.

Louis... I am happy for you because you found your ring.

Thanks Garry I counted the pics on my computer one day and I couldn’t believe I built that many over the years. That Mack looks very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back