Running Bear's November 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday King Toot!

1543590940115.png

I'm limited (per Dr. suggestion) to 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning. Most of the time I can do this. Coffee is a diuretic and does dry you out. I love water and we have great tasting water here. However, I can get dried out, at times, too.
I normally drink 2-3 pots of coffee a day, I love coffee. Our water is great here in Baltimore, but it's water. Milk I love too, but to much milk is not a good idea for me and my diabetes. Today I'll have a 24oz glass of milk and skip lunch. Coffee has zero calories, thank God for coffee!

My doctor told me due to the diuretic action of coffee I need to drink double the amount of coffee I would drink if I were drinking water. I only had one pot of coffee yesterday. I was busy tooling around the house yesterday.

I'm fortunate, my blood pressure is well under control and my heart is one of the few things that works great. Coffee or no coffee my resting heart rate is usually about 60. Coffee is also good to flush my kidneys and they are not so great.

I can drink a pot of coffee and take a nap, I frequently do. I also like coffee before going to bed at night.

Coffee is one of the few vices I have left and if they take coffee away from me I am going to be very sad.
1543592202463.png

That's the stuff!

This stuff is good as well, but Costco is too big for me to walk around!
1543592418084.png

You think one of my kids would pick it up for me, but nooo. Maybe I should ask, but I think they should know. ;) I hate to ask anybody to do anything for me.

Good morning, everybody ..... I'll have coffee and a piece of Toot's BIRTHDAY CAKE, please.

Toot .... Happy birthday !

Mark .... It's been many years since I have been to Minnesota, but I do recall stopping in Bimidji

Louis .... I like the photo of the old train set. Also, I like the streetcar photo. I like streetcars.... Norwegian meatballs in MN are outstanding. We buy much of our coffee online.

Willie .... You said your Dad had a '53 Buick. We had a '50 Buick back then. We lived near Chicago, and made a lot of family trips in IL, MO, IA, and KS. ... Two lane roads, ... Burma Shave signs, .... Passing many smelly barnyards,.... Ah, the memories .....

Chet ...... #92 looks fantastic. Great work !

Good morning everyone. 48 and partly cloudy.

Still waiting to hear the pathology report. Car's in the shop for minor stuff. My wife is resting today at home - she was out and about yesterday, even came into work for a while, but was too much for her.

Will keep you all posted.

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning Everyone..............overcast and seasonal here in Wisconsin.

Started the New River Mine yesterday and installed the three, two light indicator signals over the entrances to the loading hopper. A bit of a challenge to attached the signals and keep them straight and then drill the holes in the mine side panel for the wiring. Thanks goodness for AC accelerator. I'm using 2.4 mm incandescent lamps which should look good when finished. Had a bit of AC run where it wanted to go, but a coat of DullKote will hide that minor mistake.

Working on the side panels before assembly makes it easier to do the detailing.

The corrugated roofing will get a heavy weathering as the last step.

While the mine is under construction, I'll ballast the three spur tracks and do the scenery around the mine. I'll use small black cinders with real coal scattered around for realism. Part of the area will be a long reach.

The new sprue cutter I purchased yesterday is an excellent tool.. I should purchased one a long time ago. It was worth the $30 for the tool.

Off to the basement.

Greg

#####################

Louis, Advil is ibuprofen, and is verboten if you have kidney issues. My wife has been ordered not to take it because of this.
For anybody that doesn’t know, Tylenol is aceteminaphen, and shouldn’t be taken if you have liver trouble.
Asprin should not be taken if you have ulcers or other stomach trouble.
The above was a basic repeat of the warning labels on those respective medicines.

Good Afternoon All,

Spent several hours in the monthly grocery store trek. The micro bushes I ordered came in. I have started using them for lots of applications including painting trim and gluing. Tomorrow UCF plays for their division championship without their starting QB who severely injured his knee last week.:(

Louis- I remember the Norelco Santa but thought the commercial started in the 60's.

Toot- Happy Birthday.

Terry- I hope everything works out OK with your stepson.

Chet- Nice job on the shifter. Also a nice rail shot.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon gents! Temp is 61* and thats it for today -- mostly clear with a few scattered clouds - the remainder of the clouds puked themselves out yesterday and last night. My homemade rain gauge was just shy of 3 inches this morning-wowza! You have to realize that that is almost 25% of our annual rainfall of 13.32 inches. It is really too bad that it could not have come a month ago and maybe the fires would not have been so bad?

Been out to the food store myself today and made three stops at auto parts stores -- no one carries 30 wt. non detergent oil - have to go clear to the other side of town to NAPA to get it ... need it for my air compressor. Why can't I just use reg 30wt HD?? Is there a reason I don't know?

CHET -- pretty little loco - nice work!

RAY - Happy Birthday! .. either yesterday, or today- your choice?

Sorry guys - computer is stuck on bold - can't seem to turn it off???

Louis, Advil is ibuprofen, and is verboten if you have kidney issues. My wife has been ordered not to take it because of this.
For anybody that doesn’t know, Tylenol is aceteminaphen, and shouldn’t be taken if you have liver trouble.
The above was a basic repeat of the warning labels on those respective medicines.

So what do you do if you have kidney issues, liver issues and an ulcer?? Cannabis??:rolleyes: If so, I feel 3 health issues coming on!!

Been out to the food store myself today and made three stops at auto parts stores -- no one carries 30 wt. non detergent oil - have to go clear to the other side of town to NAPA to get it ... need it for my air compressor. Why can't I just use reg 30wt HD?? Is there a reason I don't know?

My youngest son (who is a manager of a NAPA store) once told me, "Most auto parts stores just sell stuff to make your ride pretty. If you really want to fix something, go to NAPA." I get my 30 wt from him.

Thanks for all the Birthday good wishes, it was/is on the 30th. 80 and (hopefully) counting, I've got a lot of decoders to install yet. Managed to get to the club last night for a bit of a run around the layout.

Louis, that Streetcar/Trolley/Tram seems to have a "tow along" attached. Is that to take passengers to their off track destinations? Or has it just fallen victim to the old thing we used to call "Tramlining" where the skinny tires get caught in the rails?

Howdy .

The earthquake today in Anchorage, AK looks like it did some major damage . At least it was not as bad as the one they had in 1964.

Greg ... Apparently, you are making a lot of progress with your layout. .

Johnny ... Remarkable about Dena trying to work already . What a trooper! Praying test results are favorable.

We begin our Florida trip in a few days . Unfortunately, we will not get to Orlando this time. Sorry Curt and Phil.

Terry,
as usual you are spot on!

I was previously advised not to take acetaminophen, but my blood work shows my liver has significantly improved. As Bugs Bunny would say "clean livin' prevails" I can now take 1 regular strength acetaminophen per day, but I still avoid it and only take one 2 or 3 times a year. Anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen are still off limits to me due to kidney troubles.

Sherrel I can't answer that question, but I can tell you all oil is not created equal. There is a lot of technology that goes into oils and it can be very specialized. Always follow the manufactures recommendations.

Thanks for all the Birthday good wishes, it was/is on the 30th. 80 and (hopefully) counting, I've got a lot of decoders to install yet. Managed to get to the club last night for a bit of a run around the layout.

Louis, that Streetcar/Trolley/Tram seems to have a "tow along" attached. Is that to take passengers to their off track destinations? Or has it just fallen victim to the old thing we used to call "Tramlining" where the skinny tires get caught in the rails?
Sorry King Toot, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back