Running Bear's May 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, looks like we have some very observant users on the forum. Sherrel, Patrick, Flip, and anyone else who caught the snafu in the yesterday's post gets the award. I fixed it this morning.

Have been super busy at work and my head gets going in several directions sometimes.

Got some work done tweaking my Groningen module last evening also made the plywood framework, now will be moving ahead on that this weekend.

Also, got the nobs shaved off the log cars "Roundhouse" kit, if it rains all weekend I should make progress on both projects:

IMG_0569.jpg

There were some substantial nobs on the bottom of these which had to be removed, I used a jig saw with a metal blade, a grinder would have worked better.

The instructions call for some plastruct details, also brake details optional. Will possible go to the local hobby shop if I decide to finish them out like this.

Here is todays layout photo: A guy smoking a cigarette:

cigarette break2.jpg

Have a great day all, Dave

Attachments

• cigarette break.jpg
    cigarette break.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 129
Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 67°. Another dry day here; clouds kept the morning dew away and I will be able to resume mowing early. They're still predicting a 99% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, with nearly 2" of rainfall. Light breakfast today Flo, just a sausage & cheese biscuit with that glass of OJ. Wore myself out yesterday with the marathon trip to town, which included nine stops! Grocery store, wine store, Wal Mart, Home Depot, gas station for car, Dollar General, Walgreen's, post office, and a second gas station for fuel for the tractor. American Express was spitting out the $$$ on my behalf. Still have stuff in the car that I didn't unload!

Thanks for the likes and comments on yesterday's post; Dave, Sherrel, Patrick, Jerome, Phil, Tom and anyone else that I may have possibly missed.

Another shortened day in the train shed yesterday, at least I did get some time out there though. Almost all of that time was spent ballasting. Approximately 72" of industry spurs and another 12" of passing siding. That's 609 scale feet!;) The ballasting crew got thirsty and had a few cold brews which abruptly put an end to actual modeling.
05-17-19 002.JPG

Since these are industry spurs, it's intended that they be a little ragged.
05-17-19 004.JPG

Now it's time to add weeds and additional ground cover.

Dave - I still have to "rough" up the boards in the grade crossing a bit. I am a firm proponent of Gorilla Super Glue, both the instant and the gel. Been using it for over ten years now and never had a bottle set up. Occasional clogged tips, but I take care of that with a drill bit in a pin vise. Works as well (or maybe better) as the original stuff. I also wondered about that engine in disguise!:p
Sherrel - Good advice from your flying mentor. Works for life in general as well.

Among other observances today, it's National NASCAR Day. There's special events at most tracks around the country.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning everyone. 63 and sunny here.

Finally got by the LHS and bought one double switch for the lighting wiring I need to work on. But now I'm getting ready for another whirlwind trip, this time to Orlando for some workshops. Not even time to get together with Curt, who lives in the area. Will get together hopefully next year. So again my poor layout sits waiting for something to happen while the mayor is off galavanting. In the almost 3 years I've been involved in this hobby, I don't remember a "dry" time like this - I'm always down in the train room working on something. I guess it happens to everyone.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all,

Almost vacation time. Today is sunny and a high of 82 with storms possible overnight into tomorrow. Currently 67 in Doo-Dah.

Morning all! It's 53 going all the way to 68 (doubtful)! The furnace kicked in this morning as the house cooled below 68 degrees - forgot that we had not turned it off this season? My blood has thinned to the point that I "chill" below 68!
Believe it or not - it managed to fool me and rain - point 17 - yesterday morning; good, now I can turn off the yard water for a couple days.
That's it from this end - Need to find something to do with the daughter today as she leaves to return to D. C. tomorrow.

Willie - Looking good there - you were on a marathon yesterday - whoo we!

Dave - Do you have any more "loco" pictures to show us today? :D:)

Good Afternoon. It looks like Joe sent his weather out here. Rain with temps only in the high 40's. We were up into the 80's. I will never complain about rain out here.Had PT Wednesday and got beat up again. Spent yesterday out in the shop detailing some of my classic cars and even polished my Buick as it finally got warm enough to work on them.

Jerome - Thanks for the winterization hatches. The Northern Pacific always ran them on their F units.

F-9.jpg

Willie
- As usual, your moving ahead. Nice work. Nice shop of the crop duster. Get to see them a lot out here.

Dave -
Like the GN caboose. Nice photo. I have a few of those log cars. Oldies but goodies.

Garry
- Hope you have more photos of the Big Boy to post.

With the rainy weather, it gives me a good excuse to get down into the train room. Ran trains for a while this morning and installed a couple more crossing flashers. I have two more to put in, but it's a really long reach for the bum arm. I'll attempt it another day.

thumbnail_20190517_105113.jpg

thumbnail_20190517_105357.jpg

Time for lunch.

Later

Good Evening All,

I survived the book fair...bairly. Ibuprofen is my friend! I'm tied up all day Saturday so I'll be back on Sunday.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Evening, the ball field at the one fire hall got mowed finally after all the rain. We don't have a grass bagger at work so I took mine over after work and clean it up for tomorrows game.

Attachments

• IMG_7720.jpg
    IMG_7720.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2753.jpg
    IMG_2753.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2752.jpg
    IMG_2752.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 138
Good evening all--

Chet-- always like seeing your layout

Willie-- the industry spur looks finished off great, the dirt/grass is a nice touch

I enjoy the humor as well,

see you in the morning, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back