Running Bear's March 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Cleaned out the front gutters today. I spent about an hour today building 8 bents and glued together the two main stringers. Tomorrow I'm heading over to my parent's house to visit for awhile. The science center trip was cancelled today.

Beady- Interesting box set.

Max- I enjoyed all three photos yesterday. Interesting pictures today. I have to admit when I saw them I immediately thought of crayons or colored pencils because of the gray then really bright colors.:D:D

Toot- If it's fraud you should get it back.

Willie- Nice looking structures.

Dave- Nice job on the flat car.

Greg- Great scene.

Chet- I'm glad it went well for you.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Darn, RAY, That's really crap to have to deal with. I guess that I can say that you are fortunate in one repect.
Someone got to me a few years ago for $700+ of which I was able to recover $300 and change.
I wish you success!
Yes, I'm not holding my breath.

Toot, 23 And Me, is a business I see advertising on TV, here in MInnesota, they are a DNA testing company similar to AncestryDotCom. If they are Rip-Off artists, this needs to come-out! Good Luck!!!
I looked them up on the web and they looked to be a genuine business, who we've never dealt with, although they may have an Australian branch as well, never dealt with either. If someone is using the name, or has hacked their site, I guess it will be discovered. Whether that will do any good remains to be seen. The money would have to be diverted to somewhere, if so.

Checking in. Surgery went well. Just got Into a room and lunch was served. Jello and broth? Where's the beef?

Later
Thumbs up (but I won't say Up What). I suppose I better be nice to you, since it looks like I'm heading down that same road (again).

If you're still there, keep asking the nurses for the bedpan; they hate that.

Yes, I'm not holding my breath.

I looked them up on the web and they looked to be a genuine business, who we've never dealt with, although they may have an Australian branch as well, never dealt with either. If someone is using the name, or has hacked their site, I guess it will be discovered. Whether that will do any good remains to be seen. The money would have to be diverted to somewhere, if so.

Ray: I imagine that the charge was made by someone who obtained your card information, and created a fake card. Using your card to purchase their DNA profile, is not exactly the smartest thing to do. Hopefully the credit card company, will promptly credit your account, and prosecute the perp.

Boris

It's a pleasant 67 degrees here but rain coming tonite and thru tomorrow. I have been at that "crossroad", for a couple weeks where one starts thinkin, instead of doin all this wiring for blocks, maybe I should bite the bullet and switch to DCC now? But a couple of great looking layouts here, and I'm sure there are more, are running DC so I'm stickin with what I know for now. The around the room mainline is all nailed down and the grandkids have ran the train with no derails. I have also pushed 9 cars thru the turnouts in the attached pic with no problems. Now that I can run a train, I'm finding that almost ALL of my 40 year old cars are underweight or have bad rolling issues. I have cleaned and lubed several locos and that seems to help them run better, and the more I run them the better they seem to run! Now its time to start building a control panel and I think I need another 1K feet of wire......….. and maybe a little scenery & buildings as my 8 yr old granddaughter said; Pops, why aren't there any buildings?
CHET I have watched your switching video and wondering, What are you using for sound??
Dave in PV
IMG_3842.JPG

Spent an hour or so on the phone yesterday afternoon, cancelling my wife's Visa card and another hour or so at the Bank today filing a disputed transaction after someone billed and removed 300 plus dollars using her card's number on Saturday. The "payee" seems to be a legit business in Mountain View, California called 23andme Inc who offer DNA testing and reports. Only caught it by chance when she looked at the account on-line and noticed it in the "Pending" section. Too late to stop it though. Now we have to wait 30+ days to find out whether we get it back.
If it makes you feel better (doubtful), three weeks ago I pulled up my credit card account, and found a charge of $59.99 from a company called Boost Mobile. They offer cheap cellular service. The card company canceled the card, reversed the charge, and issued another card with no hassles. It should be pretty easy for them to figure out who used the info, at least what phone number they applied the money to.

I did it! I did it! All the sorting and storage, except for the track, is done! One table is clear, and all the track is piled on the other. Taking a break now, then I'll move both tables about a foot or so, so I can take advantage of a jackpost (wasn't there a discussion about one of these, recently?). I noticed if I move the tables to within an inch of the jackpost, I can run the electrical cable from one of the sockets next to the breaker box, up to the ceiling, over to the jackpost, down the jackpost and to the underside of the table, near the center of where all the controllers are going to be. Before I noticed I could do this, I was contemplating running the cable along the floor and covering it with a rug; not the best idea under optimal conditions, but it would have also run right through the area that flooded a couple of years ago (remember that?)

(30 minutes later) OK, moved the tables and fastened them back together. Besides now being able to keep the electricity off the floor, the move also bought an extra 6 inches of space on all sides. Nothing to do now but start snapping track together. it's 8:15, though, so that'll have to wait until tomorrow. At least I can come down then and get straight to it.

This is my first time using my computer for the forum in months. There's a "Not Secure" notice up by the URL. Anybody know anything about this?

And precisely what does it mean, under my avatar, that my member is well-known?

Phil, Greg, Dave, Sherrel, Tom, Curt, Garry, Karl & anyone I may have missed:
Thanks for the likes and comments on the NS locos!
Everyone liked the new paint schemes, but unfortunately they're just promotional colors for the DC to AC Conversion models.

Chet: Good to hear the surgery went well.

Beady: Your right. There's a jack post thread in Structures & Buildings. "Incorporating A Jack Post Column In The Layout"

Beady -- "Not secure" just means that! There is no https in the URL.

I'm guessing here that "Well Known Member" just means you have made a certain # of posts?

Good Morning Everyone.....sunny here in this part of Wisconsin.

Yesterday I when to where I store kits and the empty rolling stock boxes and found some items I forgot I even had purchased. One was a 40 foot SOO Line gondola from Red Ball. A nice kit with lots of details.

Ran a Broadway Limited six axle diesel for several hours and no problems.

Sherrel: Forgetting my room number has always been a concern for me when staying at a high rise hotel like in Vegas. It happen to me once when when we were late and I had to get to a meeting and just dropped off my luggagae and then five houts later???

Jim: Nice paint on the NS locomotives.

We had a use of a credit card several years ago when I used the card in Wild Rose, Wisconsin and my wife in Germantown, Wisconsin and a unauthorized charge in Chicago between our two charges. The credit card company caught the charge via computer and no $$$ was lost and our card cancelled.

I think today I'll start a Walthers background building and tyr the peeling paint look that Garry Leone talked about in Model Railroader.

Talk later......

Greg

##############################

View attachment 35288

More inspiration. -Greg

Greg: Your layout really looks outstanding. Judging by the early model cars we may be modeling fairly close time periods. I like all your detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back